Chapter Seven (Frederickson Academy)

(One year ago)

.

.

.

"I-I-I LIKE YOU JENNIE!" Pathetic right? That was the first and last time I would ever fall in love and humiliate myself like that ever again. Like I said I never had much luck with girls. "I'm Felix, the guy you sit next to in math class."

"So you're the creep who stares at me during lunch aren't you. Get your head out of your ass it's not a hat and what made you think that I would date you." She walked away and disappeared as fast as I fell in love with her. I don't want to feel that heartbreak again. I hope I never will.

.

.

.

(The present)

"Felix, FELIX!" I stumble up with my eyes still close. Last night I walked around the mansion and fell asleep in the garden bench. I wince and put my hand on my back. Shit, my back hurts like hell. This is the last time I sleep on a bench. "You know, Benjamin prepared a bedroom for you, you could've-" I cut my father off "Fuck Benjamin, can't you just take me home. With my family." I say annoyed. My father looks at me and chuckles, "Very well, come along then." I follow my father and we get into his sports car. He starts the car and we begin to drive back to my house. God, this was terrible. I'm not anything like my father...Am I? I look out the window and see my new house but we drive right by it. "Hey, hey you just drove by the house," I tell my father. "We aren't going to your house. Well, not yet at least. Today's your orientation day." What? I'm not even enrolled in any school- shit. I just remembered I'm being enrolled in my father's school. I look out the window and begin to think. Is he going to put me in some lame private school with strict teachers so I could get a "better education." I sigh at all my thoughts and throw my head back and look at the car roof. I can't believe it has come to this. I start to close my eyes but my father exclaims, "We're here!" I sit up and look at the floor. I feel like this school will look like a prison. No cafeteria and long gloomy hallways with rusty lockers. I roll my eyes and get out of the car but I see no building. "Where are we?" I ask "At the school's private parking area." What the heck! Private parking. That's too much. "The school's transportation vehicles should arrive any minute now. You see the campus is divided into three different sections. The primary school area, the secondary school area, and the preparatory school area. We have decided to put buses designed specifically for this school only. Staff normally parks here and they get transported to their section of the campus from here. Students can only be dropped off at the front of the campus and the buses will take them from there." Woah! This is way too complicated. This already sounds like a prison. "Hey, what's the name of your school anyways," I ask. "Well, it's not entirely my school. I own a portion of it as well as other different investors and companies, but the founder of this school is Timothy James Fredrickson. Thus the name, Fredrickson Academy." Did he just say, Fredrickson Academy? As in the big fancy school everybody is talking about. "Fredrickson Academy?" I say shocked. "Yes, have you heard about it?" My father asks looking at me. "It may have been mentioned here and there but I don't know much about it," I say putting my hands in my pockets. "Well, I hope you enjoy your orientation." He says looking ahead of him. "FELIX!!!" I turn around and see Teressa running towards me. "Hey Terri, what are you doing here?" I ask. "Mommy brought me here but she has to wait in the car 'cause she's not a staff member of the school. FELIX, did you know that this is a school where RICH PEOPLE GO! Imagine how pretty this school must be." Teressa begins jumping up and down. She looks so happy and I completely forgot about my father for a second. "You must be Teressa." My father says looking at her. Teressa freezes and her smile fades into a frown. She looks down and goes over to my side and grabs my hand. "Please don't leave me alone with him Felix." my sister says in a low voice. "I won't," I say holding onto her hand. My father sighs and continues to stand firmly when a bus begins to come towards us. We begin to climb in when my father cuts in front of me and begins to yell at the driver. "YOU ARE FIVE MINUTES LATE! UNACCEPTABLE! DO YOU WANT MY STUDENTS TO BEGIN TO THINK THAT TARDINESS IS ACCEPTABLE" The driver looks down at the pedal. "Er- no sir." She says. "Then this better not happen again, understood?" He says leaning into the driver. "U-understood Sir." The driver says. Teressa grips onto my arm, afraid. What the hell man! She was just five minutes late. It's not the end of the world. Teressa and I climb onto the bus and we were both shocked by how fancy the inside was. There were individual seats in rows of two made of a light tan leather. The seats had armrests and cupholders and a small place to charge your phone. This is a luxury. Teressa begins to get excited again as she takes a seat by the window. I sit next to her while my father sits behind me. "Felix, look, I'll be able to listen to music on here like the girls do in the movies." She says with a smile on her face. I chuckle, "Yea, just like in the movies." We begin to drive past trees and small buildings. "Felix, I hope the school is like a castle so I can act like a princess. I want to make friends who are RICH so they could buy me expensive presents. It's like friends with benefits right?!" No, no, no. It's not. "That's not what you think it means Terri. Where did you even hear that?" I say concerned.