"hey" he said getting into the car "I moved you here, it was too loud in there"
"hey, thanks"
"are you ready for this?, you know burying?" he asked
"umm kinda?, I have this bear, one my dad gave me, I want to burry it with him, i don't know if I can tho"
"umm well I don't think you'll get to burry it with him, but you can leave it on the grave"
I nodded and stayed silent and looked through the window the rest of the ride, to the cemetery.

Zack stood by my side the intire half hour we where there, I decided not to ask about burying the bear I put it on top of the grave instead.

By now it was 6pm and I still wanted to meet up with corbyn. I got in zacks car and he started to drive.

"zack"
"yessss"
"drive me to applejacks, Im meeting corbyn there"
"okay do you wanna go home, grab something more comfortable?"
"ummm nah, it's okay, Ive been wearing my Nike pros under the dress all day"
"okay, here" he said and he passed me a 10 dollar bill
"um why?"
"i don't know, I just feel like it just take it please"
I groaned and he laughed.

Corbs😎

Beth🐨
Hey corbs, um I'm
Headed to applejacks
Now, can you bring me
A hoodie please🥺 x

Corbs😎
Hi urh okay ill be there
In five, and of course,
How long will you be?
x

Beth🐨
I'll be 10 minutes zack
Says x

Corbs😎
Alright see you x

Zack turned the radio on and we listened to music before he dropped me off. I walked into the diner and sat at a booth, I got there faster than we expected so I was there before him, seconds later he came thru the door and he saw me and waved, I waved back.

"hey, I brought you this" he said handing me one of his hoodies
"thanks, I'll just go out it on now"
"wait, what do you want?"
"let's get a strawberry milkshake to share" I replied, he nodded and I headed to the bathroom, I took the dress off and put the hoodie on top, I took my hair down from the style it was in and went back to the booth.

"I ordered" corbyn said coming back to sit opposite me, I smiled at him.

"so how was it today? Was it a good, you know send off?" he asked, I would tell he wasn't really sure what to say
"urh yeh, yeh it was nice a lot of people said nice things about him"
"good good, I am really so so sorry bethy"
"its fine" I replied, then our milkshake got brought to the table

"thank you" I said to the waitress and she smiled "hey have you tried this?" I asked him
"no never I always get a surprise ice-cream"
"oh really, well let's take the first sip, together" I said, he nodded and we both took a sip, from different straws, our faces where so close I could see every feature clearly, I don't know why but I just wanted to kiss him, but - no I shouldn't.

2 hours later

We'd spend two hours in the diner, talking and getting to know eachother more, and now we where on our way back to mine, he turned the radio on and back to you came on  I turned in the seat and looked out the window, I tried not to cry but I couldn't I always loved this song but now I can't listen to it without hearing that man's voice.

"im sorry to tell you, but your father passed away - he was shot...."

Corbyn pulled over at the side of the road

"bethy? Are you okay?" he asked
"this song..."
"what about it"
"...."
"bethy look at me" I didn't move "bethy please look at me" I slowly turned to face him
"what about that song?"
"it was the song playing, in my house, when the army called..."
"its the song that was playing when the Sargent told you your dad was dead?"
I nodded
"oh bethy" he replied and he went to hug  me but stopped, we haven't hugged before, instead of letting it be awkward I grabbed his had and squeezed it. He smiled and me and drove to my house again, when we got there, he didn't hesitate and took me straight onto the sky lounge.

"here lay down" he said pointing at a blanket on the floor
"okay" I replied and I layed down, he layed right next to me
"okay why are we on the ground then corbs?"
"stargazing" he replied
"I love stargazing"
"I know, jonah told me" he smiled then looked up at the sky

Half an hour later

"bethy, listen I know we've only know each other for about two weeks, but we've gotten so close I wanted to ask you something, it might brighten your day but I don't know."
"okay..."
"Bethany Marais, will you, ummm go out with me?" he asked, I didn't know what to say but I had huge butterflys in my stomach, it took me a while to process it
"I'm sorry, I, I shouldn't of asked, today is your dad's day, I've just ruined that haven't I?" he said
"no, no. Corbyn u will go out with you" I said and smiled, and we hugged, then we stargazed a bit longer.

"bethy, want he to stay here tonight?" he asked
"yes please" I replied, he nodded and we kept the blanket then went to my room, I took my makeup off and put one of zacks t-shirts on and hoped into bed, then corbyn came out of the bathroom shirtless and layed next to me.

"who's t-shirt is that? He asked
I laughed." zacks "
" oh right "he replied, and then we didn't talk much we just went straight to sleep really.