The Cult

*the battle was over, yet Kiara was pale and growled. She dropped the dagger, devastated*
Kiara: *with a shadow over her eyes* ... I never asked for this. Yet fate is cruel to us...
*the bodies of her 2 older brothers faded into ashes, just as their fathers body had done. Their power joining back with that of Zagan*
???: there's always a price to pay in this, you know. Trust me, I wouldn't like it either.
*Kiara looked over to where the voice was to see Jackson standing there, he had really changed a lot. Kiara still didn't really trust him*
Kiara: what the hell do you want now?!
*Jackson put his hands up, he meant no harm. This time anyway*
Jackson: woah woah woah, I'm just here to make sure you get to the orb ya know. You aren't the only one who is after it.
Kiara: what's that supposed to mean?
*Jackson looked away for a second, sighing*
Jackson: the cult I used to be part of is also after it, they want the power over darkness for themselves. That cult is not one you want to mess with... I learned that the hard way.
*Kiara went wide-eyed, not realizing this*
Kiara: ... you mean... the one that worships the demon king? Weren't you their chosen messiah though?!
Jackson: not anymore. The only reason I was is because I was able to use the true demon magick, which is how I found out I'm one of his descendants. People like me are pretty rare, apparently.
Kiara: ... that makes sense I guess. That doesn't mean I trust you though.
Jackson: *shrugs* fair enough, you don't have to. Now come on, the cult shouldn't be far behind. If they get their hands on that orb, which as you know contains Zagan's powers, things are bound to go wrong.
*Kiara nodded, running through the doorway that had opened after the blood fight with Jackson running close behind her*