Red Flags

*The corruption had disappeared after an hour, but Casey could still hear its voice in her head*
*when morning came Casey woke up, still tired, and made her way to where Kiara was*
*Kiara was eating sushi for breakfast again, and she saw Casey and she looked slightly concerned*
Kiara: did you pull an all-nighter again? You gotta stop doing that!
Casey: no...
Kiara: then why the heck do you look like a flipping zombie?
Casey: ...
Casey: that's the thing I wanted to talk about.
Kiara: your sleeping habits?
Casey: no. About the concept of corruptions. And I want to talk about it alone.
*Kiara looked at her and nodded*
*Kiara moved Casey outside, it was just the 2 of them. Kiara sat down and continued to eat her sushi, however*
Casey: has your opposite ever taunt you for an entire night? It's kinda been keeping me up all night and it wouldn't shut up even when it did disappear!
*Kiara froze and nearly dropped her chopsticks. She looked to Casey, put her sushi tray down and stood up, nearly shaking Casey so bad she could've strangled her*
Kiara: why didn't you come to me right then and there?!?!
Casey: ! I-I didn't want to wake you!
Kiara: Casey, that ain't a good sign.
*Kiara thought about it for a second*
Kiara: corruptions are embodiments of an immortals deepest fears and darkest impulses. The size of them does not matter, they can still do damage. For yours to manifest like that hasn't happened since...
*Kiara and Casey both think back to when Casey was 6, when her mother was murdered by Chronos... or who she thought was Chronos anyway*
Casey: !
Casey: why is it like that tho?!
Kiara: your pushing out a fear subconsciously. Whatever it is, I cannot tell. Whatever is it, it's clearly tearing you apart without you realizing.
*Casey thought about it for a second, and then she remembered how the corruption reacted last night and then shook her head*
Casey: Nah... that's impossible!
Kiara: you'd be surprised, Casey. Corruptions speak half-truths. Your instincts can sense out the truths. Tho the thing with them that's always the truth is their reactions.
*Casey sighed, sitting on the log next to Kiara. Kiara looked at her with a serious face*
Kiara: the corruption can be tamed, but it seems yours will be rather hard to tame.
Casey: and how do I tame her?
*Kiara looked up at the evening star and closed her eyes, still facing up to the sky*
Kiara: accept it. That's all you can really do. The thing that makes it get worse is if you deny it, and the more you deny whatever the thing that's fueling it is, it will get worse.
*Casey sighed and looked at the ground. And then back to Kiara*
Casey: have you tamed your opposite?
Kiara: yeah... tamed her hundreds of years ago.
Casey: was she hard to tame?
Kiara: ... very.
Casey: how come?
*Kiara froze, thinking about it gave her a slight shiver down her spine*
Kiara: I think that's enough questions for today. Don't leave Wild wondering for too long.
Casey: *Chuckles* heh... ok...
*Casey teleports back home, but then sits down outside, looking at the sky*