Chapter 130: Strong But Ordinary

"It's okay, little one, breathe it out. I know you can, it's okay..."

Auriana whimpered and breathed out another weak cough. Elsa grimaced and patted her child's back, after kissing the side of her baby's head in comfort.

It's currently five in the morning, and she recently found out just yesterday that Auriana clearly didn't inherit any of her powers.

If she did, the little princess wouldn't have caught a slight cold.

Being exposed to the wilderness caused the poor girl to shiver so easily by even a brief cold contact, and her tiny lungs are being pressured by the dry coughs she kept releasing.

Aiden is still unconscious back in the infirmary, and everyone was starting to get worried.

"Mmh," It's a habit of her daughter to pop out an attempt to say the word 'mama' whenever she's distressed. She may be a little too young, she may be an infant, but her lips can already pronounce even the slightest of a short name.

"My poor girl," Elsa sighed.

A familiar noise on the door attracted Elsa's attention. She forced up a smile, recognizing the six patterned knock, "Come in!"

A head of ginger poked through the gap of the opened door shyly, "What are you doing up so early, Anna?"

"Oh, me? I just grabbed a bite from the pantry, and I thought of checking up on you and the babies. Did you get any sleep?"

Elsa nodded and motioned for her sister to come closer. Anna gladly complied and shuts the door behind her back.

"Aaaand- I actually wanted to help you with the twins, since Aiden isn't around. I do know the twins aren't to be picked up by Gerda and the others for another two hours."

Anna smiled knowingly and held out her arms.

"Goodness, you're a life saver," Elsa placed her daughter into her aunt's embrace, "I've been cradling her for almost an hour now."

"Right, she has a slight cold," Anna caressed her niece's hair, "You poor little lady. Did that jerk steal you from your mama and daddy?"

Auriana blinked.

"Huh? Oh, he did? Don't worry, mama kicked his bum already where the sun doesn't shine."

Elsa giggled softly at her sister's antics.

"Oof, looks like she's falling asleep. She appreciates a short chat from good'ol Auntie Anna," The pregnant princess chuckled.

It didn't take long before Anna placed the sleeping child in her own cozy crib. Anna folded her arms in satisfaction before crawling up into the mattress next to her older sister, her arms enveloping her cold body, as if making Elsa her human pillow.

She focused her turquoise eyes on her sister's deep blue ones, a childish smile forming in her face.

Elsa smiled simply back.

She didn't know how she is surrounded by these lovely people.

She has a sister who would climb an entire mountain for her.

She has a snowman who thinks of her as the nicest, 'gentlest' and warmest person ever.

She has a brother in law who would do anything to protect his family.

She has a mother in law whom she thinks is one of the bravest women she has ever met.

She has two, precious children who will both surely grow up into fine rulers of Arendelle.