But the hurt is for the better
Moving on, it's now or never

She knew that everything was going to be okay. She knew she had done the right thing ending it. But that did make it hurt any less.

Lost in the tide, I can't keep my pillows dry
Like there's a sea in my eyes

The crying started again. She was trying to sleep but the pictures of them were stuck in her mind. The pictures one of EJ's friends had texted her of EJ kissing another girl. But it wasn't just one picture, form one, with one girl. No. There were 25-50 photos of him with a load of different girls, spanning almost 2 years.

They had been together for 3 years, and he had been cheating on her for at least 2 of them. She ended up crying into her pillow not wanting her moms to hear her crying again. Soon after she fell asleep.

I realize that sometimes life brings you flowers
Then it builds you coffins
And far too often
We end up falling to our demise

Her life was getting better. She started hanging out with Ricky more because he was the only person who could relate to her situation, since his mom cheated on his dad. He was always there to be her shoulder to cry on, and she was grateful for that.

Some days her life was all flowers and rainbows, but other days it felt like she was slowly dying inside with no way to stop it.

I'm going down, and you have watched me drown
In a river of tears, lost beneath the stream
Under the waves, I've found the strength to say
The river of tears has washed me clean

Her tears slowed immensely. Especially with the help of her friends. They were always there for her and they knew exactly what to do to help her, even if it was to just let her cry.

She got a lot of her strength back thanks to them. She was finally okay enough to say goodbye to that part of her life and start a new chapter with her friends by her side.

Go 'head and wish me well
I'll cry a wishing well
I'll fly before I fail
I'll set sail and drift away
So I won't need you here
Love sinks and hope floats
In a river of tears
In a river of tears

She still thinks about the words he said that night, but in a different way. "I hope you have a great life without me in it" She used them as a reason to move on. It allowed her to show herself that she can have a great life because of who she is, not because of the man that cheated on her.

Cry me a river, build myself a bridge
I'm over this, can't let memories become the death of me

She was done crying. It rarely happens anymore. She moved past the memories. Nini learned a lot from EJ, and they had some good times. So she learned to keep the good memories and not let the other ones bring her down.

I'm glad to see everything that you are
And I believe that you are everything I needed
But I don't need no more

EJ had moved on, and she knew that. She was happy for him. He had a new girlfriend and he seemed happy. Nini had even gone on a few dates herself. None of them felt right though. She had learned a lot about what red flags to look out for and just hasn't found the right guy yet. But she knows she will.

I'm going down, and you have watched me drown
In a river of tears, lost beneath the stream
Under the waves, I've found the strength to say
The river of tears has washed me clean
Go 'head and wish me well
I'll cry a wishing well
I'll fly before I fail
I'll set sail and drift away
So I won't need you here
Love sinks and hope floats
In a river of tears
In a river of tears

It had been a year since her break up with EJ. looking back she was a hot mess back then. She had probably cried enough tears to fill the Mississippi river. When she looks back she laughs finally being able to see the situation in a completely positive light.

She had moved on from the whole situation. Her and Ricky had started dating about a month ago. He was there for her when she was at her best and at her worst. He had seen her cry and instead of running a way he held her and let her cry.

It had been five years since her and EJ's break up. Her and Ricky had just recently gotten engaged. She was happiest she had ever been.

She thought back to that night in her room crying and looking at the flowers he had bought her. She was suddenly very inspired to write. She grabbed her songwriting book and started writing:

Still got the flowers that you sent...

---------------------------------------

I've had this one shot sitting in my list of idea since I started this book almost 5 months ago and I finally got around to writing it. If you know me you know that I am obsessed with Alessia Cara, so I'm surprised it took me so long to write it.

If  you would like to leave me a request or and video for a one shot you can either put it in the comments or PM me.

I  also spent most of my time on Twitter so if you would like to check in out it is @rickybownsgirl .

1636 words