Chapter 9

The whole situation with Emily's ex and her break down weighed heavily on Alison.

The blonde had began her day thinking—hoping— that she wasn't going to find a speck on Emily. The farther she dug, the more she fell. And she fell into a pretty big ditch Monday night. Emily had spilled an extremely emotional story to her last night. Without Alison even asking for it.

Alison was surprised that all she felt was rage and pain for the brunette, rather then a triumphant smile after figuring out more about her.

She had this unexplainable anger within her after hearing what Emily's ex had done to her. She almost wanted to hunt her down, and throw her in front of a damn car. Who was she to think she could hurt Emily and get off easily?

And why was she calling the brunette in the first place?

Alison had so many unanswered questions she desperately needed answered. The old Alison would've gone right up to Emily and asked her straight up what was going on, just so she could have the information. For what? She didn't know. The blonde simply liked to know everything about everyone. But Emily...she was different.

Way different from the rest.

Alison didn't want to ruin her friendship with Emily. The brunette was a great person to be around. Very outgoing, polite, hilarious, god she was funny. Emily possessed a very dry like, sarcastic sense of humor, if you didn't know her you'd think she was being rude, but it she wasn't. She was also kind, her smile brightened up rooms, she could put anyone in a good mood, including her patients. Watching the brunette interact with her kids made Alison swoon, not that she'd admit that out loud.

And at times her childlike like lopsided grin would shine. Her dimples would pop, her lip would quirk, and Alison would instantly be sent back in time to when she and Emily would shamelessly skip around her backyard.

Alison felt her cheeks heating up as she thought about the brunette. She quickly shook her head, as if to shake away those thoughts.

She didn't want to be thinking those thoughts, but the reporter couldn't handle it. Emily seemed to consume her every waking thoughts. The brunette had somehow injected herself into her blood coursing through her veins as would poison.

It didn't feel like poison.

No. It was the opposite. It felt like the antidote. A cure. Her cure.

Stop it Alison!

The blonde throws the covers off her body, and gets ready for work, trying her best to block all thoughts of Emily.

***
"You're friends with her!"

"Han—"

"No Emily" Hanna aggressively mixes sugar into her coffee with a spoof "That women is the rudest intern I've ever worked with"

"She can't be that bad" Emily argued. She wasn't very interested in the conversation, she knew her best friend had a tendency of embellishing the truth. "And she's not and intern she's a reporter"

"Same damn thing" Hanna sat beside Emily "Shes at the bottom of the food chain"

"The food chain?" She slips a chuckle then adds "Hanna you're literally an editor"

Hanna narrowed her gaze, gasping dramatically "Um excuse me miss Fields I am on my way to becoming the media's best known fashion columnist, and famous media personality"