Chapter 8

That night changed everything between Emily and Alison. Not in the romantic sense but they'd grew much closer then before. They talked throughout the whole day. Going back and fourth about work, and the people they have to deal with.

Emily had actually talked to Hanna into taking it down a notch when it came to Alison. To the blondes surprise, it actually worked, Alison was more then happy. She thanked Emily with a promise to pay for drinks next time they went to the bar. Emily argued that the blonde didn't have to do anything in return, but Alison's relentless attitude had eventually won that fight.

Alison still had a hard time reading the other women. She was mysterious yet she wasn't. She was an open book...yet she wasn't. Alison couldn't explain it, nor could she understand it. She knew the basics, Emily moved around a lot after she left, she went to med school got her degree, and is now working with children, and counseling. Nothing crazy, just a normal steady life. Alison knew though, she knew something wasn't adding up. It was nagging her.

She hated not knowing what was going on with people. She would blame it on the writer in her, when in reality, she was really just a nosy bitch.

So she conjured up a plan. She'd told Emily her office wanted her to write a report on the local children's center just outside of Rosewood, where the brunette worked . Thought the brunette had informed her that she wasn't able to be present for the counseling sessions, she was in fact able to write about the center it self. Emily had gleefully agreed, happy to spend the day with her blonde friend, and show her what she did.

Alison knew Emily was very passionate about her job, secretly, she couldn't wait to see the girl in action. But first, she had to figure her out if she wanted to become close to Emily. She needed to know what she was in for. She couldn't go in blind. Her heart would be all about that, but her head thought otherwise. Her head held much more power, it had all her life. She'd lived by what her head said her whole life, never acting on emotions, or impulses. Not even smiling at the cute girl in her seventh grade science class, her head had told her not to. So she listened. It always protected her. She wasn't going to let it down now.

Emily went into work everyday at different times . Monday's she went in early. So that meant Alison had to go in early with her if she wanted to shadow the brunette all day.

The blonde pulled up to the office and scanned in with the ID tag Emily had gotten for her. The brunette greeted her at the door, flashing the blonde her best smile. Alison's chest fluttered.

Emily was dressed in dark blue scrubs, her long wavy hair tied back into a pony tail, her name tag clipped to the front of her scrub top, and a stethoscope resting around her neck.

"You ready?" Her eyes sparkled with excitement. Alison couldn't help but smile at the beautiful girl. Beautiful? What the fuc—

"Follow me I'll show you where you can put your stuff, Darren will be here in about..."she checked her wrist watch "Twenty minutes, probably ten though, they're always early"

Alison nodded silently and followed closely. Emily greeted multiple people on her way to the break room. Smiling in that charming way she always did. Alison found herself staring at her.

Emily caught her eye and smiled

Alison blushes quickly looking away

Ten minutes when by, Emily was correct, her patient was early. Emily snatches her chart from the front desk, and motions for Alison to follow, guiding them both to the patient waiting room.

Emily rounds the corner, strutting over to a cute brown haired boy in the back. His arm and leg were both wrapped  in a cast, he wore a goofy grin as he lounged in his wheel chair.