A Long Way.

Los Angeles, California

I sat on my bed with my songbook sitting on my lap. I could already tell today was going to be a good day. The way the sun shone throw my window, making my pink drapes look heavenly. I sat my songbook on my mini dresser and then stretched a little. I got up and headed towards my closet. I picked out a long, sleeveless, orange blouse and some light colored blue jean shorts. I'll find flats or something later. I hurried into the bathroom to take my shower and got out like forty-five minutes after. For me, taking showers consist of thirty minutes of washing my body and fifteen of me washing my hair and thinking. But then again, that's just me. I wrapped a towel around my body and stepped out of the shower. I put my hair into a bun which turned out to look really cute. Guess I'll keep it like this. I did my after shower routine and then put on my clothes. I put on some black toms and went downstairs only to be greeted by my favorite.

"Good morning Bahja." Lillian, one of the housekeepers, said.

"Morning Lillian." I smiled and greeted her back.

Lillian's five years older than me so she understands everything I tell her and she gives me great advice too.

"Where you off to Bahj?" Lillian wipes the glass top on the table.

"Just across the street...to see...you know..." I trailed on.

"Oooh. Well be careful." Lillian smiled.

"Will do Lillz." I said.

"By the way, your mom and stepdad will be back from Europe next week." She stops me.

"Oh alright. Thanks for the info Lillian." I said walking down the long hall.

"Bahja...where you going?" Riley, one of my security guards, asked.

"Just across the street...." I said.

"Bahja...." Riley sighed.

"Riley...." I mocked him.

"I don't want you getting hurt." Riley groaned.

"Well come with me then." I try to persuade him.

"Okay. I guess that could work." Riley said opening the door for me.

Riley opened the gates with the button that was put inside the house. The gates opened slowly making my patience level thinner and thinner. Finally, they were opened all the way and Riley and I could walk across the street. Inch by inch, I shyly made my way towards his house. Once I made it there I had quickly lost my confidence.

"I can't do this." I whispered. But before I could leave, Riley knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal his sister.

"Hey Breaunna." I waved.

"What's up Bee?" Breaunna smiled.

"Is your brother home?" I ask.

"Oh yeah. He's home. Come right on in." Breaunna opened the door wide enough so Riley and I could come in.

I bet you're wondering how Breaunna, Jacob, and I could go from being frenemies to being best friends...well I can't really tell you how but just know it was definitely a learning and teaching experience. Breaunna and I went upstairs and down the longest hallway with doors everywhere until we stopped at a room with a sign that said "Jacob" with a neatly drawn peace symbol next to it.

"Wait...why the hell am I knocking? I'm his sister." Breaunna rolled her eyes before turning the knob to open his door.

"Jacob." Breaunna waltzed in.

"Privacy would be nice sometimes Bre." Jacob groaned.

"I bet it would. Too bad I'm not the type of person to give it." Breaunna said. "Anyways I'll see you guys later. I'm going to go have my morning work out. Au revoir!" Breaunna left Jacob and I alone.

There was a silence for a little while.

"I never thought this day would come in my life." Jacob said quietly.

"What?" I knitted my eyebrows.

"Bahja Carter was actually being quiet..." Jacob said.

"Shut up." I giggled and picked up a pillow to throw at him.

"Why's your room so messy?" I looked around.

"Because," He cleared his voice. "A tornado flew around my room before you came." Jacob tried to sing.

"Shut up." I laughed uncontrollably.

"Come sit lovely." Jacob scooted over.

I sat down next to him and pulled my legs up to my chest. I examined what he was wearing today. A tie dye muscle shirt, some black joggers, and some tie dye long socks.

"Nice socks peace pal." I smirked.

"I got you a pair too." Jacob reached under the bed and then handed me a pair of tie dye socks with words etched onto them that said "Bahja+Jacob Peace Pals 4 Life".

"Thanks Jay." I hugged him.

"Only the best for my ba-best friend." He nervously ran his fingers through his hair.

Jacob and I were always like this. Always buying each other gifts, making up nicknames, and most of all, getting nervous. But we always had fun around each other.

"Wanna go take some pics out in the hills?" Jacob asked.

"For sure." I smiled getting off the bed.

I know this was a short and boring chapter but remember this is only the beginning. Sorry for all the errors. I had to do this update on my phone.