All hail the Twig King

Amaris forced herself to her feet with less difficulty than she had anticipated. The company was now becoming aware of the source of the sudden rain of impeccably aimed arrows wizzing by to embed themselves in spider flesh. Though the spiders were being killed, the sight of pointed ears and elven styled clothing did not bring them any joy or relief.

The only minor, and albeit unintentional, relief the elves brought, apart from killing off the filthy spiders, was the warding off of the forest's dark magic. An elf's aura, in essence, posses a sheild of magic, much similar to the bubble that Gandalf could have created to protect their minds, that wards off dark magic that would do harm. As proof, the woodland elves lived here day and night, and yet seemed unbothered by the effects of the magic plaguing their woods.

With the feeling of health of body and mind along with her alertness returning to her, Amaris could see flashes of silver steel glinting in the gloom and birthing sharp sounds by slicing through thin air. Hear the sharp whizz and dull thud of arrowhead shooting through the air finding its home in its target. Feel the thundering crash of a spider's body hitting the forest floor.

The elves made quick work of the giant eight-legged creatures and turned their weapons to the dwarves. Surrounding the company with bowstrings notched and ready and yellow feathers tickling their cheeks, glinting arrowheads itching to be pierced into their target. But not before a male, presumably their leader, found himself before Thorin with his bow aimed at the King of Erebor.

"Do not think I will not kill you, dwarf-" he tightened his hold on his bowstring by pulling it back a notch as he gave cocky smirk, "-it would be my pleasure." Amaris mentally groaned as she held her hands up in surrender at the centre of the circle, not wanting to come face with the weapons aimed at her form.

Everything was tense and silent for a few heartbeats, and then the silence was abruptly interrupted by a scream little ways afar that made evryone turn in it's direction. Amaris's eyes grew wide as her body went rigid; the voice that was screaming was familiar. Her brain was going a million miles a minute trying to proses what what going on and who was screaming. It didn't take some other dwarves long to figure it out.

"Kili!" shouted the King's nephew in despair as he started to shove his way through in the direction of his brother's screams, causing commotion to boil up.

"Fili, no!" Hissed Amaris as she hurried over to him in long strides along with several other company members attempting to stop the young prince. The dwarves out of not wanting Fili to get hurt or lost, Amaris after noticing the amount of arrowheads now pointed at him as she whisper-yelled frantically to him.

"No-no-no-no-no! Fili! Fili stop! Stop! Stop-stoppety-stop-stop!"

The elves closed their death circle in tighter as the dwarves seized a struggling Fili from advancing any further.

"Kili!" He shouted as he struggled and squirmed in the company's grip, "Let me go! Let me go! Let me-Kili! Oin let go!—"

"Fili, hush!" His uncle shushed him harshly as he maintained eye-contact with the leading elf who held a menacing look in his eyes. He shouted an elvish command over his shoulder to his soldiers before turning his attention back to the dwarves and woman at hand. The scout party reacted and proceeded to search the dwarves, much to their discontentment.

Amaris took calming breaths as she subtly did a quick headcount of the company surrounding her as she mumbled under her breath.

"Fili, Dori, Ori, Dwalin, uh-Balin! Uh, Nori, Bifur, Gloin, Bombur, Bofur," she continued mumbling as she turned around slightly, "Oin, aaaand Grumpy Badger— oh no." Realization dawned on her; Bilbo was not present.