So this is an inconvenience

The trek up the mountains was almost treacherous. The uneven terrain of many loose rocks made it hard to keep an even rapid pace. To make things worse, the pathway only got narrower and narrower and the clouds looked heavy with rain. The restless travel upwards had destroyed the happy little aura of the forest and most of the dwarves went back to their 'we hate this useless mutt' mood. Bilbo's big feet didn't grant him much comfort since he kept tripping on loose rocks.

The higher they got, the narrower the path. Amaris had shifted to a wolf's shape for fear that her human height might throw her off balance. A few hours ago it had stated to rain, just a light drizzle, then it got wetter and harder, the air got colder. And now it came down in tidal waves. Amaris felt absolutely miserable, the rain was constantly blurring her vision, her paws ached from the uneven and sharp rocks. The rain had soaked through her fur and it now hung heavily from her shivering frame adding weight to her already sore muscles. Everything hurt, her paws hurt, her legs hurt, her back hurt, her sides hurt, her eyes stung from the constant rain, her teeth hurt from the cold weather. Hell, even her tail hurt.

"I regret leaving my bed," she growled under her breath. The unhappy grumbling was drowned out in the constant lightning and shouting from the dwarves.

"Alright, hold on!" Yells Thorin from the front of the group.

"What do you think we are trying to do?" She barked, literally. She bowed her head against the strong gust of wind just as Bilbo, who was behind her, slipped and almost fell. She quickly spun around and pushed him back to the rock wall with her muzzle. He was about to thank her when Dwalin shouted.

"LOOK OUT!" He bellowed as a gigantic boulder crashed from who knows were onto the mountain side. Amaris quickly shifted and pressed her back against the wall as to not to be crushed.

"This is no thunderstorm!" Exclaimed Balin, "It's a thunder-battle! Look!" He pointed to the adjacent mound of rock that was somehow moving on its own. "Well bless me. The legends are true! Giants! Stone Giants!" The moving mound of rock got up, taking the from of a human-like shape and threw a rock at the mountain side again.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Amaris shouted. What really angered her was the fact that there was no provocation at all. The giants just woke up and decided it'd be fun to bash each-other's heads in. "What, do they do this every Tuesday!?" She spat as she struggled not die by falling or being crushed by a billion ton boulder.

The fight between the colossal rock mounds ended up in half of the company, including Kili, Bofur and Bilbo, almost getting smashed against the mountain. Amaris admitted that her heart stopped for a moment and would be lying if she said she hand not fought to be the first one after Thorin in racing towards them, in wolf form since it was less likely that she would slip. She gave a heavy sigh of relief when they were all alright. She had miscounted.

"We're alright! We're alive!" Reassured Balin over the howling weather.

"Were is Bilbo? Were is the hobbit?" Asked Bofur and the company searched frantically. Fearing the worst, Amaris leapt over to the edge and looked down. There he was.

"Bilbo!" She yelped horrified, "Over here, you numskulls!" She turned and barked to the dwarves who could't understand her but recognized her bark and came over as well.

"Get him!" Hollered Thorin as Bofur threw himself on his stomach and reached down. Amaris couldn't reach him even if she transformed and paced the edge nervously.

"Take my hand! Bilbo! Come on and take it!" Urged Bofur accompanied by Amaris's anxious barking along with a few worried whines. When Bilbo took it and Bofur began to pull him up Thorin swung down to help as Amaris reached down and clamped her jaws on the back of his coat and tugged upwards, almost falling down herself. She mustered all of her strength and reared her head backwards and Bilbo tumbled onto the path in front of her. While the others sat down panting, she nuzzled him worriedly to check for injuries.