Introductions and trust issues

(This, this was a lot longer than I expected... so sorry 😐)

As the company emerged from the rock into the light, the dwarves and hobbit froze at the sight.

"The valley of of Imladris." Gandalf proclaims as he too emerges from the hidden path, "in common tongue it is known by another name..."

"Rivendell," Bilbo utters, not tearing his eyes from the enchanting sight of the elven city ahead.

"Here lies the last homely house east of the sea," states Gandalf.

The dwarves took a certain admiration themselves, it being more obvious in the young ones, but the older dwarves take a less kind reaction to their recent location. Thorin in particular.

"This was your plan all along," he accuses while whirling around to look at the wizard "to seek refuge with our enemy," he growls out the last part as to what Gandalf looks down at him perplexed.

"You have no enemy here, Thorin Oakenshield. The only ill-will to be found in this valley is that with you bring yourself!" He scolds the king. Thorin was quick to respond.

"Do you think they will offer our quest their blessing?" He spits witch makes the wizard look at him more seriously. "They will try and stop us,"

"Of course they will," frowns the wizard, "but we have questions that need to be answered. And besides," the wizard pulls a mischievous grin witch stirs confusion in Thorin, "there is someone whom i wish you all to meet, since they will be coming along on our quest." This sparked conversation and surprised to rouse amongst the company of dwarves.

"What?" growled Thorin, obviously unhappy with Gandalf's decision to add an anonymous company member without consulting him or the rest of the company. Especially since he assumed it was an elf. Gandalf seemed to pretend Thorin's negative reaction hadn't happened and proceeded to address the rest of the company.

"All will be revealed in time, but we must advance towards the elven city if we want to meet them. Now, if we are successful this will need to be handled with tact, and respect, and no small degree of charm, which is why you will leave the talking to me." He says firmly as the company make their descent down the valley.

As they enter the elven city, they are met by some elves as the company wonders at their surroundings. A brunet elf catches the attention of the grey wizard, ascending the steps that lead into the city .

"Mithrandir," he addresses the Istari. Said wizard turned to meet the somewhat familiar voice to recognize a friend.

"Ah, Lindir." He tips his head politely while Thorin whispers to Dwalin to stay sharp, much to the wizard's exasperation. Yet nevertheless, he keeps his calm and polite aura to converse with their host. Lindir mentions to Gandalf that he had heard word of that he had crossed the valley, in elvish of course. Gandalf decided to go strait to business.

"I must speak with Lord Elrond," he imposes with a serious tone. The elf shakes his head slightly.

"My Lord Elrond is not here," the brunet responds simply if not plainly, this makes Gandalf frown.

"Not here? Where is he?" He questions. Lindir looks like he is about to respond. But an elvish hunting horn cuts him short as he looks to Gandalf with a slightly amused look, in witch the wizard returns with a bit of relief as they turn to see the returning elven war party. Although not everyone is equally relived.

"Close ranks!" Hollers Thorin as the company obeys and forms some kind of kill circle, pushing the young ones and poor Bilbo to the centre. The elves respond to this with surrounding and circling the agitated dwarf party atop their enormous steeds, witch just succeeds in rilling them up even more. All this with none of them holding the awareness that they are being watched by an amused eye little ways behind the guards on the stairway from were Lindir had emerged.