4: I Already Had Breakfast...

Author's Note:

Here's a new one just for you!

Let me know what you think in the comments,

And have a great day!

bobbiejelly

PREVIOUSLY, ON "COOKIES & QUICKIES":

Meredith and Teddy carry the groceries into the house.

And then they're in the kitchen, staring at each other.

Wondering who even wants who then. Who even wants who, then; the most.

END OF FLASHBACK SEQUENCE.

Cookies & Quickies

Meredith Grey tries to bake chocolate cookies; Teddy Altman helps. OR: Two hot single ladies talk about losing the loves of their lives in tragic and heroic ways, about loving their children and about finding new love again. And after eating cookie batter off of each other's fingers, they decide to treat themselves with 'grown-up-time' before the kids get home. Subsequently, the two doctors discuss the new loves of their lives as they both try their hand at wing-womaning for the other.

Set in GA-S15-E05, "Everyday Angel". F/F. Meredith Grey/Teddy Altman. Eventual Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery & Teddy Altman/Cristina Yang. MerAdd. Teddina. Rated M.

Chapter 4: I Already Had Breakfast...

Meredith Grey doesn't know how to whip eggs; Teddy Altman helps.

Teddy Altman unpacks the groceries because Meredith is putting them away.

(Because it's HER house... obviously and Teddy has no idea where anything would even go, here, Meredith thinks to herself)

As Teddy does this, Meredith realizes to herself that Teddy Altman has never lived here and that she's one of the very few surgeons of GSMH/SGMW/SGH who never has...

And Meredith has no idea why this popped into her head, or why she's suddenly wondering if she should invite Teddy to stay with her here because she - what?

Wants to have some near-perfect record of housing all of the misfits and strays that happen to be her fellow co-workers and colleagues?

Meredith has no idea why she actually likes the idea of Teddy Altman being in her kitchen, now.

But she secretly does, and she secretly enjoys watching Teddy unpack all the heavy bags and boxes, and watching her taut muscles flex in every which way as she does.

Eventually, Meredith is taking out supplies for her first experience, yet, in baking.

And Teddy Altman is sitting across from her on a chair, looking intently at her.

"I uh- I already ate breakfast if that's what's happening..." Teddy stammers a bit at Meredith who seems to be getting out eggs and a bowl and a whisk from her kitchen, now.

Meredith has already taken her coat off and laid it on a chair somewhere but Teddy's coat is still fastened to her shoulders.

(Because she doesn't trust herself to be at all undressed in front of the blonde standing before her.)

"Oh, no, I have to make cookies for Zola's bake sale. And they have to be homemade because apparently that's how you show you care," Meredith says exasperatedly.

"And Zola wants chocolate, not chocolate chips- chocolate." Meredith rants about the difference between two types of cookie batter as Teddy tries not to express with her eyes how delicious chocolate cookie batter could be...