Chapter 10: Reception

"God you look so beautiful" Patrick mumbles lowly in my ear as we ride in the limo. "Try all you want but you won't get any till you tell me where we're going" I smirk at him. "Than I'll have to wait" He was such a tease, he had changed the location for where we where going to take wedding photos and refused to tell me.

Eventually the limo came to a stop right outside the untied center. "what are we doing here?" I questioned Patrick as the limo driver opened the door. "You'll see" Pat smiles. He takes me hand and leads be through the back entrance where a familiar security guard is holding the door. I keep quiet while Patrick pulls me along. Finally we're in the tunnel and I can see our photographer standing there on the ice with all this equipment set up.
"We're taking pictures here?"
"I promise they'll come out so awesome"

The bridesmaid and groomsman met us on the ice where they waited on the bench while Patrick and I did lone pictures. I had to admit I was in love with them, Patrick and I had taken a picture at center ice, right on the Indian head. He had tilted me down and kissed me right there making for a beautiful black and white wedding photo. Another picture was taken on the bench, all the groomsman on Pat's side, the visiting bench and all the bridesmaids on my bench. Patrick and I leaned over and kissed each other and everyone else on the bench pretended to be outraged. It was a really adorable picture.

After we headed to the reception where everyone had been waiting for us. The reception was held at the trump international hotel & tower which had this stunning view of Chicago. Inside they had set up the the tables with these Champaign colored table clothes and beautiful champaign colored roses as the center pieces surrounded by little candles. The ceiling had this beautiful chandelier with white drapes.

Patrick and I waited outside the room while the DJ announced the bridesmaids and groomsman. "Finally Id like to welcome the stars of the night, Mr & Mrs Kane" That was our signal. I looked at Patrick while bitting down hard on my bottom lip. He squeezed me hand assuringly and we made our way out where there where cheers ringing out from everywhere.

The DJ handed me the mic and I said a few words thanking everyone for coming out tonight. I gave the mic away and found myself on the cleared out dance floor where Patrick was patiently waiting for our first dance. We had picked When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus which was in one of our favorite movies that we had watched together. We had the music redone tho so it was a little slower.

The music began playing and I had gotten lost in Patrick's blue eyes as we swayed along to the melody. I rested my head in the crook of his neck and listened to the words.

When I look at you
I see forgiveness
I see the truth
You love me for who I am
Like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
And I know I'm not alone

Smoke from a smoke machine covered the dance floor, it was like Pat and I where dancing on clouds. I only saw Patrick as we swayed along to the last few lines. "This is crazy" he mumbles to me with his chin rested on my head that was pressed up against his chest. "huh?"
"This, this moment. This whole day.. I'm married to the love of my life" he choked back on the last few words. The song ended and I lifted my head to meet Patrick's eyes before kissing him softly which got a few whistles from Jonny and Andrew.

I left the dance floor and left Patrick and his mother to dance. Together they danced to a beautiful song that Donna had picked out herself, It Happens In A Heartbeat. Patrick's 3 sisters who looked stunning in their dresses wiped each other's tears as they watched their grown up brother.

After their dance, Pat and I where told to sit. Gab came up, squeezing the piece of paper in her hand as she took the mic. "I would like to say a few words about the bride and groom tonight. When I had first say you two asleep on my couch I knew there was something there. You two where so blind do the love tension between you two but here you are, married. Patrick, you've taken such wonderful care of my little sister who at one point, didn't even want her life. And Alyssa, I've seen you blossom and be at your very best with Patrick. It was a match made in heaven and on behalf of Corey and Jack, we are so happy to have you in the family" She smiled so hard through the puddle of tears she was practically disappearing into to. I leaned my head on Patrick's shoulder as his sisters took the mic next.

"Oh Patrick, where do we possibly begin?" Erika laughed " You've always been there for us and have been the best brother any sister could ask for. I cant believe you put up with many torturous years of playing 'house' and letting us do your makeup. It was a pleasure to drive up to Toronto with you every weekend and watch you play hockey, even if sometimes I would have much rather been home. The day you left home for hockey was defiantly the hardest, we no longer had a brother to poke fun of. But it was so worth it because we get to watch you live out your dream everyday" Jessica held back on tears, and Jackie took the mic "We are so proud of everything you've accomplished Patrick, especially landing a girl like Alyssa. We are so happy to have her in the the family and we can't wait for our first niece or nephew!" she laughed. I looked at Patrick condescendingly. "They'll be having one sooner than expected" I whispered in his ear as he got up to go over to hug his sisters. Pat laughed at my comment before going to embrace his sisters who had let a few tears slip out. 

I removed my veil and the night began. We had the traditional removal of the guarder, which defiantly got a lot of whistles and laughs from the team. I barley ate at all because I was so caught up in the festivities.    I had danced with Patrick a few more times and he had a dance with each of his sisters. Patrick and I cut our cake, that was red velvet, and he put frosting on my face. I laughed so hard because i got an even bigger glop on his face after. 

The whole night was perfect, surrounded by family and friends.There was laughter and a few tears, there where smiles beaming on everybody's face, I couldn't have asked for a better night.