Chapter 6: This Is It

It was mid August now, about a week and a half left until September. The venue, DJ, florist, photographer, videographer, and caterer were booked. The invitations where sent out, the bridesmaid dresses where getting altered, the groomsmen and Patrick's tuxes where on there way in. I got a block of hotel rooms for the many out of town guests we had coming for the ceremony. The honey moon was booked, all the documents needed where ready, rehearsal dinner was already reserved, our cake flavor and design was chosen, music was chosen and so was my hair and makeup professionals for the day.

With Patrick basically gone all day being in the gym, it gave me time to myself. I love time to myself but not in the summer, Patrick was practically gone all season so I like to indulge myself in him for the very few hockey free months that we had. At this rate the baby would be due in March, the most stressful month in hockey. It the final month before playoffs and every team is scraping for a win to make playoffs. I'm not going to lie, i was extremely nervous to have the baby because i knew i would be doing a lot more work by myself. I didn't know if Patrick would be around alot, I'd imagine that the hawks would make the playoffs and he'd be gone on a lot of road trips. I was nervous, but i had a few months before i had to worry about that. I had a bigger thing to worry about, the wedding.

It was a big day for me, my sister Gab, Elina, Amanda and Chaunette where all heading out to go wedding dress shopping, I was not prepared for the tortuous hours i was about to endure. I also wasn't feeling the best because of my morning sickness but I couldn't exactly come out and tell them I was pregnant, so i had to downplay it. We headed out to a a dress shop called Bella Sposa Brial. From the second we walked in, I was in love..

My consultant was a very young women, probably twenty three with this long blonde hair and blue eyes. "Oh my god you are soon to be Mrs.Kane!" Was the first thing that came out of her mouth, I couldn't help but blush at the sound of it. "That would be me" I smile
"I'm Melanie, I assume you are here for a dress?"
"Of course, I do not have a particular dress in mind. But I imagine not to puffy, preferably not ballgown and very light on lace detailing... And i love rhinestones!" I giggle at my description, this was going to be a long day.
"I'll pick out a few dresses and your brida-"
"There just friends, well one is, my whole bridal party is in Chicago!"
"Okay, well they can pick out dresses that they take a liking to and than we'll have you try them in on in say...15 minutes?"
"Sounds like a plan!" We all say

The girls scatter as they try to find dresses while I wait patiently. I was so nervous, I needed to get the dress today, I didn't have much more time. When the girls where finally done we where whisked away to the back room with these big mirrors, a platform and huge white couches to accompany the girls. I disappeared with Melanie to the changing room.

25 dresses later I finally found the one. I hadn't even stepped out to the show room and I knew it already. Melanie covered my eyes as she lead me to the viewing room. As I entered, gasps escaped from everyone.
"Oh my god" I can hear Elina say.

"Ready?" a very eager Melanie said
"Yes!" I laugh. She moves her hands from my eyes and I am speechless. The dress was absolutely breath taking. It was a mermaid dress with a sweetheart neckline, I can't give to much detail because it's a secret till the big day!"
"Alyssa it fits perfect" says Gab as a tear escapes her eye.
"Don't get emotional on me!" I joke
"No, she's right it's beautiful" Elina says as she stands next to me looking into the mirrors.
"Is it the one?"

I take a moment to contemplate. I invison myself walking down the isle with this big cathedral veil. There at the end of the Isle stood Patrick, a very breathless Patrick.

"This is the one!"