_

Nightmare just watched Dream froma distance. People needed him for some reason so he just waited.

He saw the door open and saw Dream sprint out. He couldn't say anything because he was too quick.

It wasn't long until a crowd started to surround Nightmare.

They all had something to hurt him and it frightened him.

_

Y/n just left the shop. She went into and saw a crowd. She didn't think much of it and went on her way.

-

Nightmare was trembling. He was so afraid. His aura heightened and of course it made things worse.

Everyone had hate in thier eyes.

He was overwhelmed.

'I need to run' he thought.

-

Dream had just finished picking one of his apples. He was going to help someone who had lost hope.

-

There was so much things bieng thrown at him. He couldn't atop running. He wouldn't let himself. He made it to the tree.

-

Y/n saw the crowd moving together. This didn't feel right to her.

"Something is going on" y/n thought out loud. She trailed behind the crowd wanting answers.

-

Dream had made it back. Everything was empty.

Where did everyone go. He heard a shriek. His eyes widdened as he ran back.

_

'Why can't people just see I'm not bad'
Nightmare thought. 'I'll show them i can just as good as a Guardian as my brother.'

He walked to where his brother's apples were and touched one. That was his mistake.

-

Dream breathed heavily trying to get to where his brother was. He was too late and saw that his apples were being corrupted.

-

Nightmare panicked. But he heard a voice.

"You'll get stronger if you eat them."

Foolishly he followed. All the apples were consumed by him. He couldn't stop.

Everything hurt

-

Y/n finally got her answer. Nightmare.

"Y/n the bush" Nil called to her.

" but Night-" Y/n said in worry.

"Now" The spirit yelled.

She listened and ran to where there was only one flower left.

"Who... I'll save you... I promise." She held the flower close to her and felt a sensation.

The flower was apart of her.

-

Dream was in horror. This wasn't his brother. Nightmare was changing. Everyone was terrrified only fueling Nightmare.
"Nightmare" Dream cried seeing black goop begin to cover his brother from the cracks of his broken bones.

"Dream... Don't... Forget.. Who... I ..used to be.." Nightmare croaked before being consumed by darkness.

-

"Don't be afraid Nightmare. I'll make things easier for you when I'm in control. "

Nightmare had given up. And someone new has risen.
A new Nightmare.

One with thoughts of plaguing everything in darkness.

-

The sky changed colors. Purples and blacks became more prominent. Everything was dying.

Dream held tightly on to the last golden apple.

Screams were heard everywhere as Nightmare slaughtered those who had wronged him.

He had a sadistic grin on his face.
Dream had to do something.
-

Nightmare felt a positive aura and grinned, " Dream, I see you finally decided to take a stand."

Nightmare's voice sounded grating as three pitches of his voice spoke at once.

"I cant let you destroy everyone's hopes and dreams brother." Dream spoke holding the apple.

Nightmare noticed this and tried to take it. He failed. Grunting he challenged his brother. "Then fight me."

-

Y/n went back to the tree and saw destruction. She only saw two figures. Dream and Nightmare.

------------------------------------------------------------
A/n
I'd like to say thanks to all of you who have gave this book a chance. So I made another chapter for you to enjoy. Have a good day.