Chapter 13

sorry for any mistakes

It was finally January. I was now moving into my new dorm for the semester. Instead of moving to California, I decided to move to Arizona. It had a better opportunity for me plus I loved the weather. Chaz thought that he should help move me into my dorm which was fine with me but I did not want Cash to come. I haven't spoke to him since that night at the hospital. I had nothing to say to him. I didn't even want him to touch my stuff. My roommate, Kelly, had a few of her friend guys in the dorm and I must admit they were cute but I wasn't trying to get at any one of them. It's been four months since the last break up and I was still hurt about it. Once my stuff was all moved in, Chaz and the crew left out except for Cash. I didn't know what he want and didn't want to know.

"Can we talk?" Cash asked.

"What is there to talk about?" I asked.

"Can we go somewhere private?"

"No we can't. I really don't want to talk. There's nothing for you to say and that's it,"

"See man here you go with that bullshit. I apologized to yo ass plenty of times and you can't fucking forgive me," Cash said getting closer towards me. Both of Kelly's friends stood up and got in the middle of us. I didn't know what the hell was wrong with Cash. He began to try to fight his way to get to me but someone tapped him on the shoulder and knocked him out cold. I stood there in shocked as Jr and Quez came rushing in to get Cash. They apologized then left out our dorm room. I took a deep breath and sat on my bed.

"Who was he?" Kelly asked.

"An ex that I never want to see again," I responded.

"Well you're safe in here. The door automatically locks when you close it. The guys and I are going to go down to the loft and play pool," Kelly said.

"I'm gon' stay in here for a little bit and make sure she's good," One of the dudes said. I just looked at him. "I'm Jerel by the way," He said to me. He was so fine. Brown-skin complexion with a pretty smile. He had the Nick Young hairstyle going. Hazel eyes and tattoos all over his right arm. He was skinny but he had muscles. I would normally curve a dude but I decided to let him stay plus I wanted someone in here just in case Cash came back. I began to unpack all my clothes and shoes and put them in their proper place. I was glad that we had semi-private bathrooms because I did not want to share a bathroom with everybody that was on my floor. That was plain disgusting. I took my Beats Pill out and placed it on the dresser then walked to the bathroom to use it.

There can be one only you
And, baby, God can never make two
And I know you came here with your crew
But I promise you that it feels like it's just us two, aha.

 Oh, I don't know what you had planned to do tonight
But I just wanna be the one to do you right, right
And we're standing here looking at each other, baby, eye to eye
And I'm hoping that you're thinking about leaving with me tonight

 Who said you can't find love in the club?
'Cause I wanna tell them they're wrong
Come on, just, baby, try a new thing
And let's spark a new flame
You gon' be my baby
Love me, love you crazy
Tell me if you're ready
Baby, come and get it
Try a new thing
And let's spark a new flame

I came back out to see that Jerel was turning up in my dorm room by himself. I just stared at him as he was singing then he finally realized that I was watching him. We both burst out laughing. I took a seat on my bed while he took a seat in Kelly's bean bag chair. I couldn't do anything but blush. He was that fine.

"So what was up with ole' dude?" Jerel asked.

"Make a long story short, he cheated on me," I responded.

"Stupid ass nigga,"

"Yea but I appreciate you stepping in the way you did,"

"No problem shawty. You going to the pary tonight?" He asked.

"What party?"

"Awe damn. Kells didn't tell you about it?"

"Nah,"

"Well basketball team is throwing a party since we won last night so you should definitely come through. You know and if you want, you can be my date,"

"Wait so you play basketball?" I asked.

"Yea. I'm a shooting guard,"

"I guess I can be your date even though I just met you,"

"Don't worry shawty. You don't have to worry about me trying to come on strong to you. I'm not that type of dude. I know you've probably heard that a lot but I'm for real and I can prove that to you,"

As much as I wanted to believe Jerel, I couldn't. Cash hurt me and some of the stuff that Jerel is telling me was the same exact shit Cash was telling me. I just smirked. Maybe he was telling the truth and maybe he wasn't. Only time will tell but for now, all I was focused on was stepping off in the party looking good as hell.

I know it's short but Comment, tell me what you think about Jerel, and vote :)