Scene 17 - Lumiere and Martha in the TARDIS

The Doctor lies on the floor of his TARDIS, still out. Martha and Lumiere however do their best to control the Doctor's magnificent time ship. The glass column is rising up and down as the beautiful sound of the TARDIS vibrates.

Lumiere:

This is a most fascinating craft of the Doctor's. This is the work of the Gods. How a ship can store the bigger dimension within a smaller dimension.

Martha:

Tell me about it. You know how to work the TARDIS?

Lumiere:

I am familiarizing. The controls appear to be isomorphic, but the ship is allowing itself to pilot her way back home. As though she is alive, flying herself.

Martha:

The Doctor and the TARDIS are connected, Lumiere. They've been together for so long now; they must have formed a bond with each other over time.

Lumiere:

Magnific! But the last of its kind, as par the Doctor. A brilliant mind. And a fascinating race he is.

Martha:

Will he recover from your machine?

Lumiere:

Oui. He will recover. It did not drain too much of his mind. He will however be out for some time. It will enable his mind to recover from the harrowing strain he has been enforced upon.

Martha:

It didn't seem to do Al Capone much harm.

Lumiere:

Ah. The power was not quite activated so highly for him. It will make no difference to him, nes pas. As they say, history will flow as per normal. He will have unfortunately have still suffered some memory losses from his short transfer. And with the madam Joy, she is merely a little tipsy with a few too many beverages. Therefore, they will remember nothing.

Martha:

The Doctor would call people like Al Capone and his acts of crime like the Valentines Massacre a fixed point in time. He'll be alright. History and events will happen exactly as they're written. Doesn't make a difference what we do.

Lumiere:

Bon.

Martha:

Yes, but says the one who tried to interfere with history.

Lumiere:

I was not aware of their motives. A deception that even fooled the great Lumiere Linsky.

Martha:

Your intentions are good, Professor. You're a good man. Don't change yourself to become what you think will make you famous.

Lumiere:

Ah. A good point, madam. Seems as though the alcohol brings nothing but chaos and friction, Ms. Martha. One reason why the great Lumiere Linsky keeps away from the substance. And in order to keep one's weight restricted.

Martha:

Well, at least Earth is safe for now. There haven't been any Brabantian invasions as of 2171, have there?

Lumiere:

Oh, no. No. Well, as far as I know of.

The TARDIS is beginning to materialize. We hear the groaning sounds of the TARDIS beginning to land at last. The glass column stops rotating. They had landed. Lumiere checks the atmosphere readings, and the scanner, to ensure he is in the right place. He smiles.

Well, quite the ordinary. I am returned home. Back to my studies from square one again. And where will you be returned to, Martha?

Martha:

Hopefully, a get-together. Feels like I haven't seen them in ages.

Lumiere:

Well, send them my regards. Or you have already sent them. Ah! Time is a very strange concept! I shall continue the study of the concept of time and ensure my studies are used for the right people. First, I shall explore the concept of a time ship that can store a much larger interior into a far smaller exterior. Au revoir Martha!

Martha:

Goodbye Lumiere!

The man cheerfully leaves, closing the TARDIS doors behind him. After, the TARDIS begins to dematerialize off again, returning back to 2017. Martha looks back to the unconscious Doctor, before crouching down to him.

Hey, you flying us home? You two really are connected after all. Even now. Sad things is, is you're not going to remember me until a few years down the line. Or a few different bodies for all I know. But I tell you what, you'll be ok. I'll see you around, very soon. And when we do meet again, it's going to be fantastic!

The TARDIS is already materializing back to 2017 when the Doctor encountered Martha. She gets up to look at the scanner, and she was back after all. Martha then looks back to the Doctor, before wandering to the doors, then turning back to look at the Doctor.

I'll see you again, Doctor.

She smiles back again before she ends her journey and shuts the doors behind her. The TARDIS begins to dematerialize off again. We hear the sound of the groaning again as the glass column slides up and down again. Now, we zoom down from a bird's eye view to the unconscious Doctor, combined with the TARDIS' beautiful sound. We zoom in slowly down onto him, knowing the Doctor will of course be back, and having a brand new, exciting adventures with Martha Jones. Perhaps a little sooner than you think...

End.

(Next Time (If applicable/End credits))