Scene 4 - 1920s America

The TARDIS is beginning to land. We hear the sound of the ship beginning to materialise. The shaking eventually stops. The TARDIS had landed. The Doctor rushes out towards the doors, preparing to open them.

Doctor:

Well. Step outside these doors and you'll find yourself in 1929.

Martha:

Oh yeah. Yeah, I know how it goes.

Doctor:

Hmph. Well you are quick at this. For most, they find it a bit too much to take at first. After you then.

The Doctor opens the doors up as he allows Martha to exit first. What is revealed is dim lighting. It's some kind of wooden passage in some dark alley underground like the main pedestrian street is above. Jazz music is playing in the background faintly. There is some lighting, but minimal. The slight shine of daylight gleaming through. An early morning light – the Doctor closes the TARDIS door behind him.

Right. Now let's see what we can do.

Martha:

Where exactly are we? The TARDIS must have brought us down here for a specific reason.

Doctor:

Well done Martha Jones. I underestimate you.

Martha:

Thank you.

Doctor:

Ah. Listen to that jazz! Fantastic! Come on. Let's see what we can find.

Martha:

Hold on. Am I going to be ok going around 1920s America?

Doctor:

Yeah, of course you are. Why?

Martha:

People were lynched?

Doctor:

You'll be fine. Just stick close to me. Come along. Now, that jazz. Let's go in and join the fun.

The Doctor leads as they proceed down the passage, heading closer and closer to the music. Two stocky people in suits with hats come from the opposite way, looking at them menacingly, frowning. The officer-like men stare at them. The pair are meant to be prohibition agents, who are in fact involved with the corruption of alcohol. Two dim, brawn driven men with their thick faces continue to stare, as the Doctor smiles goofily as Martha walks beside him. We are introduced to the men; Jackie and Masie. We see their badges on their left chests indicating they're meant to be enforcement agents.

Jackie:

What's this here? I don't remember Mr. Capone inviting you two to the party.

Masie:

Unfortunate timing for you two, isn't it?

Doctor:

Oh, sorry. Allow me to introduce ourselves. I'm Doctor John Smith and this is Doctor Martha Jones. Our credentials and invitations.

The Doctor shows the pair the psychic paper. The two stupid men are easily fooled by the trick.

Jackie:

Oh. Sorry. Beg your pardon Doctors. Mr. Capone will be expecting you inside.

Masie:

We hate to trouble you.

The pair walk-off, as the Doctor and Martha watch them.

Jackie:

Hay I don't remember a blue police box being here.