Scene 15 - Taken aboard

Ms. Joy waits outside the TARDIS. She plays with herself and the wall, fiddling around. Joy is still delirious and drunk. There is no good reason why she is moping there, awaiting Martha for some explanation. Probably because she is the only person that has been in her presence very recently. Martha has exited from the TARDIS, closing the door behind her as she carries with her some glass bottles of alcohol. Joy is, I will restrain in saying overjoyed, ecstatic that Martha has returned. Martha however has no time to deal with her drunken antics. She talks down to her in a condescending tone, and with her expertise in science.

Joy:

Hay! What ya' been doing in there? Bit cramped in there isn't it? You haven't really seemed to have done much in there.

Martha:

Ms. Joy, as a doctor, it is my right and duty to help protect and keep you safe. Right now, you seem to have had a little too much to drink. As a treatment, you need to go back into the bar, and sit quietly on your own. Keep yourself hydrated with plenty of water, and leave off the drinks.

Joy:

NO! I'm fine honey. I have never felt better! Hay, give me that!

Her drunk attitude is worsening. She tries to snatch a glass bottle from Martha.

Martha:

Hay! You drink that bottle it will probably burn your stomach.

Joy:

Don't give me that mumbo-jumbo! It's perfectly fine!

Martha:

Look, what I've been doing in that box is making a solution by combining highly reactive chemicals that will harm the Brabantians. And save the Earth.

Joy:

Chemicals? Brabantians? Earth? And I thought I was drunk!

Martha:

I don't have time for this.

She sprints down the passage leading back up to the surface.

Joy:

Hey? Hey, where are you going? Come back! Hay! I'm talking to you here!

She staggers after her, wandering from side to side as she rubs her aching head. Martha has returned up to the surface, she sees some Brabantians breaking into some nearby stores and stealing the alcohol. She dashes after them, crying out...

Martha:

Oi!

They turn to look at her. Martha holds up the alcohol, as Joy gets back up to the surface when she half-dawdles, half-chases after Martha, angry and about to have a fight with her as a result of her alcohol.

Joy:

Hay! I'm speaking to you! Come here!

We see from the Brabantian's eye view through their glass. We see the flashing statistics of both Martha and Joy. Their bodies are about to be targeted, but the Brabantian scans the glasses, detecting the presence of alcohol. Their scanners flash and bleep at it loudly because of the detection. Martha is also detected with background radiation. But even still, the large and sweet taste and quantity of alcohol are clearly identified by the Brabantians.

Warrior 1:

HALT!

Martha halts in her place. The bottles are down in her by her side, as she still holds them. Joy rushes up to her...

Joy:

Now you just wait a min-

She is stunned by the shock of seeing the massive Brabantian warriors.

Warrior 1:

REPORTS SUGGEST ONE HAS CONSUMED MANY QUANTITIES OF EXCESS YEAST! A WASTE OF FLAVOUR AND FLUID!

Warrior 2:

THE OTHER CARRIES MORE! COMBINED WITH HER TRACES OF BACKGROUND RADIATION! HER DATA IS SIMILAR TO ONE OF THE OTHER PRISONERS WHO HAS BEEN CAPTURED!

Warrior 1:

THEN WE CAN DISPOSE OF THE WASTE OF HUMAN STOCK!

Warrior 2:

WEAPONRY ONLINE! POWER CORE ACTIVATED!

They are about to obliterate Joy! Her mouth drops as the Brabantian's power rays charge up rapidly.

Martha:

No! You mustn't kill us. We have valuable information from each of us you both require.

The weaponry is powered down. Some of the Brabantians point their arms down and guns away.

Warrior 1:

KEEP THEM UNDERCOVER! WHAT IS YOUR NECESSARY INFORMATION!

Martha:

We know that we cannot defeat the Brabantians. Therefore, we wish for you to take what you need, then go.

Warrior 1:

VERY SENSIBLE, FUGITIVE! YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE OF MOST SATISFACTORY SERVICE! A GIFT YOU BRING?

Martha:

We know where far more is stored.

Warrior 2:

A POSITIVE GAIN AFTER ALL IT SEEMS!

Warrior 1:

INDEED! NOW WE WILL KNOW WHERE THE REST OF THE BEVERAGE IS STORED! OUR TRACERS WILL NOW NO LONGER CEASE TO FUNCTION INEFFECTIVELY, AS A RESULT OF THE INTERFERENCE OF BACKGROUND RADIATION!

Martha:

Oh yes, of course, my presence of background radiation must shield and hinder your detection of alcohol. Well, looks like we bring you something to make up for it. Now then, take us to your ship.