Scene 10 - Invasion Of The Brabantians

The Brabantian armies begin storming across the town. Their Scout leads as the black Warrior minions follow from behind. Any form of human life is terminated. Some humans spot them and run away before they are blown to smithereens. ZAM! KABOOM! The army begins to march over this sector of America. They stomp through houses, alleyways, bursting through shops, cars, invading every square inch of the town. One place they have yet to locate is the underground hideout. Something unusual has meant it is protected somehow. We return to the spaceship again. The men are no longer present on the beds, not they have been destroyed. A Brabantian Warrior reports to the Chief.

Warrior 1:

THE INVASION IS PROCEEDING EXCELLENTLY, CHIEF!

War Chief:

AND OUR SUPPLIES?

Warrior 1:

WE HAVE ALREADY BEGUN EXTRACTING RESOURCES!

War Chief:

PERFECT! WHEN I FINALLY GET TO TASTE THOSE SWEET FLAVOURS OF DELIGHT! MY THURST GROWS FOR IT!

Warrior 1:

THERE HAS HOWEVER BEEN ONE COMPLICATION TO THE PROCESS.

War Chief:

COMPLICATION? HOW COULD WE POSSIBLY HAVE ANY FORM OF COMPLICATION IN OUR MASTER SCHEME! THESE TELLURAINS ARE A PRIMITIVE! THEY STILL BELIEVE YOU CAN FALL OFF THE EDGE OF THIS "FLAT" PLANET!

He laughs.

WHAT CHANCE DO THEY HOLD OF ANY RESISTANCE AGAINST US? WE HAVE THE DATA FROM PROFESSOR LINKSY! THESE ANIMALS KNOW OF NOTHING! THEY ARE FAR PUNIER THAN EVEN OUR IRONSWORD OR ORIPICINI ENEMIES!

Warrior 1:

CORRECT, CHIEF. BUT THERE ARE TRACES OF BACKGROUND RADIATION IN THIS AREA!

War Chief:

WHAT? IMPOSSIBLE! LINSKY!

The scientist is frightened by the Brabantian War Chief. It marches up to him as the scientist is overwhelmed slightly by the confrontational attitude. He was busy working at his panels when he was disturbed.

WHAT IS THIS? BACKGROUND RADIATION? YOU KNOW THE PENALTY FOR BRABANTIAN TRAITORS!

Lumiere:

But, Chief, I cannot understand how this would have occurred. I am absolutely positive we left no trace of it when we first materialized in deep space.

War Chief:

AND?

Lumiere:

Well, there is only one explanation there can be. Someone else from another space-time continuum has arrived in 1929, resulting in background radiation, causing the army to feel strains of this type of radiation. But the quantity of background radiation is absolutely phenomenal. Either it has a great mass, or has travelled through the time vortex... I don't know how many times. Your own background radiation you have picked up would make no difference to your hunting.

War Chief:

HMMM! WHOEVER THIS TIME TRAVELLER IS, HE MUST BE A FORM OF EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE FORM!

Lumiere

Oui. I have engineered this operation to the slightest detail to ensure that nothing suspects anything.

War Chief:

I HOPE SO, LINSKY! THIS TIME TRAVELLER IS A THREAT TO OUR OPERATIONS! HE MUST BE... DESTROYED!