Chapter 19

Lucy's Point of View

Between going in and out of my consciousness, I knew I was being carried on a moving vehicle. I could faintly hear the sound of wheels rolling and the horse neighing from time to time, as well as the distressed panting of another person.

Forcing my wounded eyes open, the red-tinted color of brown wood greeted my sight. It was unclear, and my vision was red. But still being able to see means my eyes weren't actually damaged. I didn't have strength to move at all, but glancing down, my heart ached at the light hovering my upper body, with the 12 zodiac gate keys slowly losing their form.

Please stay strong, everyone! Fight! I'll find a way to stop this, I swear!

"Chikaku! We're heading to that place and I need your army there!" I heard a voice yell, coming from above my head. That voice... Piarra.

"What?! A guild?! I don't care, just take your army there, you useless kid!"

She seemed like she was talking to someone, but I've never heard that name before. Could it be that mad father of theirs? She called it a kid, so another accomplice? And what army is she talking about?

"Damn it! Father's fighting with two monsters right now, you know?! I don't care if you're facing against a whole guild, just kill them all and come to our aid! Screw the plan! It's only a matter of time before the ritual succeeds! We'll finally be free again!"

Closing my eyes, I focused the bit remaining magic on connecting with her brainwaves. I could feel how disturbed she was, and how distressed she is that made it easier for me. "Why are you doing this...?" I telepathically asked.

"H-Huh?! Who are– Was that you?! What the hell!"

"Why me? First, your brother kidnapped me. And now your family did too. Just what did I ever do to you?"

"You don't understand! This is our dream. We just... want to live as a family again." I heard her sob. "That man took everything from us!"

Dizziness started to take over me once again, and the numbness of my body got even worse. I couldn't keep my telepathic connection with her and I'm starting to lose my senses...

"I FOUND YOU!!!" But as I heard a familiar voice I've been longing to hear again, it was as if I woke up. The area shook as if a new weight has been added. I opened my eyes to see the face of the man I wanted to see, crouching by the edge of the carriage. His purple eye flashed different emotions, as if a story played within.

"Wha--?! Shit!" Piarra cussed.

Cobra panted heavily, and the pain on his face was evident as he scooped me up carefully, bringing me to his chest. His familiar scent made my heart flutter and my whole being felt safe.

You finally came...

I wanted to tell him how much I missed him. I wanted to tell him how happy I am to see him. I wanted to tell the horrible things they did, and for us to fight them together. But I didn't have the strength to move any muscle, nor speak, and breathing was even hard for me. Instead, I just looked into his eye, hoping he'd understand everything in my head.

"I know, Lucy. And I missed you too." Cobra stated softly, before looking ahead and glaring at Piarra, whom I can't see from my angle. "This time, I'm not letting you go."

"This is bad... Crap, where are those three?!" I heard her yap.

Three?

"It's the end for your evil plans, you wench." Cobra muttered, and his smirk was the last thing I saw before my eyes were forced shut by the pain. I was too numb to feel anything, so I couldn't tell what was happening around me.