Chapter 3

It was like a nightmare, it felt as if my heart was slowly getting crushed and all my blood being drained. My vision was starting to blur, tears covering them as I stared at Sorano's bruised and unconscious body.

Meredy sat beside her, sadness evident in her eyes with her head hung low. I noticed her fists clench tightly, stains of dried blood on her hands. That's when I saw the light scratches all over her as well, even a few blood dripping from her injuries.

No one said anything, and I didn't dare look at their reactions. I can already feel it, the anger boiling in this room and sadness washing over us.

"We were visiting Yukino's grave... then we saw someone suspiciously watching us. When we confronted him, he attacked." Meredy spoke monotonously, her hands trembling even more as she covered her face.

"He was too strong! I couldn't do anything as he mercilessly beat her up!" Her voice then turned into a sob, and her body trembled as well as the skies.

Rain started to pour down, its water tapping on the glass of our windows and the only sound aside from crying we could hear.

I could only stand and watch as Racer comforted Meredy, pulling her in his arms. I can't clearly see his eyes because of his shades, but his mouth was curved downwards, and just by looking at him, I could feel his anger.

"Lucy, can we count on Pegasus to help heal them?" Jellal suddenly requested, his face showing an unreadable, no, brooding expression. Behind the calm face he wore, in his eyes I could see sadness and worry.

"Ah, y-yes!" I nodded, realizing how useless I've been. I frantically searched for my keys, summoning Pegasus and Virgo.

The said spirits appeared, with Pegasus greeting us with a polite bow, and Virgo just blankly looking at us like usual.

"What can we do for you, Princess?"

Virgo's eyes darted to Sorano's helpless state, and without waiting for a verbal answer, she nodded. Pegasus kneeled beside her bed, positioning her palms facing Sorano's injuries. A yellow glow appeared from her hands, surrounded by gold dust particles that seemingly danced around the patient's bruised arm.

Virgo prepared her first-aid kit, while the rest of us decided to leave and let Sorano rest. She will be fine, I hope... no, I'm sure.

I sighed, trying to think of any possible person who would do such a thing. Why? What did he want from them?

Could it be someone from the council? No, that's impossible. They're supposedly free now. Besides, if it's the council, they won't do something like that.

I sighed anxiously, restlessness consuming me of what may possibly happen. In just a day, so much happened already.

Yawning tiredly, I walked back to my room, sleepiness slowly taking over me. I guess it's fine to get a bit of sleep. Today is tiring.

I threw myself on my bed, closing my eyes as soon as I found the most comforting position. Slowly, my consciousness drifted away.

More than a week passed by like a blur, mostly uneventful since we all stayed at home most of the time, letting Sorano recover from her injuries. Thanks to Pegasus' healing, her broken arm healed faster than it would've.

I mainly trained myself the whole week, focusing on expanding my limiter. And everytime, it felt like someone was watching.

"I'm getting bored of sitting on bed all day, let's go out!" Sorano whined, her back leaning against her headboard as she gazed out to her window. A cast was wrapped around her semi-broken arm, and a few more bandages all over her body. But most of her injuries have healed, thankfully.