Chapter 8

Lucy's Point of View

"Where are you, Cobra?" I sighed deeply, my tone starting to sound more wistful than it was before.

I closed my eyes, letting the single tear fall from my right eye. "When are you coming back?" I whispered to no one, loneliness feeding on me.

Just when I thought everything would get fixed after Midnight confronted him during their brawl, it just made me sadder. Cobra's decision, I mean.

"I'll be back when I've become better. I can't stay around you anymore. I'm destroying you, aren't I?"

His words echoed in my mind, gripping my heart tighter than it already has.

He left me.

It's been a week, and yet, I'm still waiting for him. How he'll fix this, how he'll mend what he broke. My heart, my trust. He broke everything, but I'm still here. I'm still waiting for him.

"Lucy?" I heard Meredy's voice from the other side of my door. "It's me, Meredy."

Taking focused deep breaths, I was able to ease myself a bit and fake a smile. I don't want to worry anyone, and I shouldn't let myself get too affected with Cobra's absence.

He said he'll be back. So he definitely will, I'm sure of it.

"Come in!" I tried to sound as cheerful as I can, grabbing the book at my side to pretend I was busy reading.

At the sound of the door opening, I turned my head to the side and smiled in greeting, noticing Sorano with her as well.

The two looked at each other, sharing expressions that I could easily read. They're not so convinced with my acting, I guess.

"Jellal's calling for a meeting, said we have a mission." Sorano informed, settling herself down on the side of my bed.

"Well, that's for later. We just came to chat for now!" Meredy cheerfully added, throwing her arms in the air in a childish manner.

It's all thanks to them and the others that I haven't drowned myself in loneliness. My spirits are there too. I'n not alone, even if the man I want to be with left me, I'm not alone. I have my friends, my family.

The three of us happily talked about random stuffs, plans in the future, what we want to do as a group, and any other random things that came to mind. They obviously avoided opening a topic that could relate to Cobra, but when it was me who started talking about him, they seemed relieved or something along that. Maybe they wanted me to talk about him, about how I really feel.

"How dare he suddenly just leave like that!" I complained, clenching my fists playfully as I continued to act alright... kinda. I made sure to only let out my feelings that are on the surface, I only talked about how annoyed I am that he left, pretending to be fine.

I just can't let it out. These deeper feelings that are slowly eating me, I just can't.

Our topic shifted again to happy ones. Meredy even admitted that Racer confessed to her a few days ago, but she dodged answering him by changing the topic.

Which is actually a jerk move of her, but I can understand she just doesn't know how to deal with it. I guess... she's afraid things might change.

"I'm seriously surprised! I mean, I kind of noticed how he acts around you but didn't really put much thought about it."

Meredy pouted at what I said, fidgeting her fingers together. "I kept acting normal around him, but I really feel guilty."

That's true, I didn't notice any changes between them, although thinking about it, I guess Racer's been... awkward around her.