Chapter 13

Note: There haven't been much CoLu moment so here's a gift for you! Warning: (kinda) mature.

***

"You'll come back to Fairy Tail with me, right?" Natsu grinned widely, hopefulness evident on his expression that made it hard for me to decline.

Several various reactions came from Meredy and Sorano, but I couldn't seem to focus on other's words. My world stopped, stucked on the last thing he said as it constantly repeated on my mind.

"B-But Natsu, I am a criminal in the eyes of the council. I can't--"

"Gramps haven't told anyone about this but he formed a contract with the council that you'll be free if you're under Fairy Tail's super-- uh, what was it again? Superior? Superman? Supernova? Super--"

"Supervision." Jellal corrected for him.

"Yeah that! So Lucy, you can go back to living freely!" Natsu flashed another one of his toothy grin, one that is too difficult to say no to. The excitement and hopefulness in his tone made it hard for me to break his heart.

"WAIT A SEC! What are you going on about?!" Sorano stood up, grabbing Natsu by the scarf. "You mean you're just suddenly taking Lucy from us?!"

"I won't allow it. I... I can't live without Lucy anymore!" Meredy started to tear up as she wrapped her arms around me protectively. "I won't let anyone have her!"

I looked down on my shaky hands, clenching my fists then opening it again, repeating the same process as I organized my messy thoughts.

"Dude, you can't just do this. Lucy is our family too." Racer expressed, throwing his set of cards on the floor as an upset frown crossed his face. "You have no idea how important she is to us now."

Hearing that melted my heart, I was touched to hear it. But still it didn't erase the turmoil going on in my mind. A part of me wants to go back, not just for the sake of being free, but because I love Fairy Tail. But a bigger part of me doesn't want to leave Crime Sorciere.

"I can't." Cobra suddenly spoke, who remained quiet the whole time. "I can't let you take her."

In a flash, Cobra was already behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist tightly as I felt his head resting on my shoulder.

"Oi, why are you so close to Luce?!?!" Natsu protested dramatically, even pointing an accusing finger towards him. The exceed then gasped, copying his partner's action as Happy also pointed a finger, to me this time. "Could it be?!?! What Erza said was true?!"

The two looked at each other before bursting out laughing. "Lucy got a boyfriend?!"

"By boyfriend... you mean like Alzack to Bisca?!" Natsu question in an overwhelmed manner. "Then Lucy and him is gonna have an Azuka too?!"

My face heated up in embarrassment and I just threw the nearest object towards the two. The childishness they displayed was something I'll usually get pissed at, but at the same time I felt happy seeing it again. Afterall, they would always have a special place in my heart.

"You can't..." Sorano's sad tone woke me back to reality and that's when I noticed her weakly glaring at the fire dragon slayer as tears fell from her eyes. "You can't just take someone's family member..."

It broke my heart to see her that way. But it breaks me even more to think about having to decide, the fact that I'll let one down is hard for me as it is.

"Wait." Jellal's voice boomed as he stood up, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he glanced at each of us until his gaze landed on Natsu. "Let Lucy decide for herself."