Chapter One

Flashback

Today started as a very good day before it was ruined by the devil himself.

You see today was our senior prom and although I wasn't asked, Cooper and I decided to go together. But it wasn't just a good day because of our senior prom; it was a good day because the principal gave all seniors an option to attend school for the next two weeks or not. I was so excited to hear that, that we also decided that we would make today our last day of high school. 

As I walk out of the administrative office, with a little pep in my step, might I add; I began to think of the matching outfits we bought two months ago that we finally get to wear tonight!

I turned down the hall that lead to my locker, when I noticed Vincent locked in a lip battle with Yasmine Cloak. I turn my attention from him and do my best to walk past them without being noticed. I focused on my feet as I accomplished walking past them, well, I thought I accomplished that but then something hit me in the back with force. I slightly look over my shoulder to see Vincent smirking at me and Yasmine kissing his neck. I shake my head and continue to my locker; I didn't even bother to see what he threw at me.

Now Vincent Hawkins is a prestigious, rich kid, who gets anything and everything he wants, but he doesn't live up to that stereotype. Vincent Hawkings is the most nicest, caring and loving human being ever. He's always smiling and making people laugh...., okay let me stop. I internally laugh at my own description of Vincent as I enter my locker code and began to remove all of my books.

I was in deep concentration of balancing my books and thinking about the prom that I didn't notice someone come next to me. I jump in shock as a big bang came from the locker next to me, that I drop my books on the floor. My face heats up as blood rushes to my cheeks in embarrassment.

The hallways begin to to fill with students, so I bend down and hurriedly began to pick up my books. My dumb ass didn't even look at the person who created that loud noise but that would soon change because that person was standing in front of me. My hands faltered when I noticed his black and red Jordan's, standing next to one of my fallen books. I took a deep breath and braced myself because I knew what was going to happen.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't dirty Beth," I heard his voice before I looked up and my eyes focused on his.

They were the same light gray eyes that I remembered when we were younger and used to talked and hang out until late at night. But as it is my first time actually looking him in the eyes since we were 13, they held so much pain, hatred, love and regret. I can understand his hatred towards me but why was there pain, regret and love there? My thoughts were quickly interrupted when he began speaking again,

"You know Beth, if you get with me maybe we can do something about this... dirty look." He reached out and touched my cheek.

His hand felt weird as he was able to slightly touch my skin before I yanked my self back. I began to feel the panic attack quickly approaching but I was able to conceal it from everyone. When I yanked back from him, I saw his face turn into a scowl.

"You're yanking back on me!?" His voice was rising, "no one yanks back from me! Do you know how much control I had to take to even touch your disgusting, tainted skin?" My eyes started to water a bit but I kept my mouth closed, "now I will have to bleach my hand because of you! No wonder your mother left you."

"Back the fuck off Vincent!" When I heard her voice, my entire body relaxed a bit, "it's our last fucking day at school. Can't you just move on?"

"Ha! And here comes little Cooper to save the day!" He turned his gray eyes to Cooper, "it might be our last day but that doesn't mean I can't have fun."