Chapter Twenty-One

Flashback Part 2

The next few months were hectic.

I graduated high school with most likely to succeed. I still have to say, I was still upset with myself about Bethany, especially seeing that she wasn't at the graduation ceremony, but Cooper was and she gave me the death glare the entire time.

I introduced my friends to my daughters and to say they were at a loss for words is an understatement. I guess the only two people who took advantage of my daughters were Jocelyn and Jarrod, seeing that they were expecting twins soon. David automatically announced himself as their uncle and has bought the girls anything they touched. Yes, I said it... touched. Lauren has also taken a liking to the twins, although she kept her distance, she still showed that she loved them.

The girls have continued to grow and continued to amaze me. Viola was more quiet and reserved; she preferred nature than material things. My mom would take Viola to the Botanical Gardens a lot and she would send me videos of Viola cooing at the butterflies and trying to grab at flowers from her stroller. Messages like that made my entire day and it would put a smile on my face. Violet on the other hand is my little spitfire, she was the first one to learn to walk at 10 months and she was first to say dada. She spent a lot of time with me or my dad and she loved every minute of it. She was very independent and loved using the word no, the word was her best friend.

Their first birthday passed and my parents helped me plan a toddler paint party for them and they loved it. We were able to get edible paint, which was made of starch, water and non-toxic food coloring. David showed up with a mountain full of presents, Joce and Jarrod came with their newborn twins, Jaylen and Jayden; I also noticed they kept up their family tradition.

I still think about Bethany and wonder what she was up to. What she was going to school for or where she was, since I heard that she and Cooper moved out of the state. I wondered if she thought about me at all, even though I made her life hell. I really miss her and every time me and my friends get together, I just realize how much more fun we had when Cooper and Bethany were with us.

Two months have passed since the twins first birthday and Angelica was supposed to be back in town.

I was currently wrestling with Violet as I tried to put her pajamas on. Viola was a piece of cake, she just laid there and let me do my thing but Violet... no, this girl won't even let me put one foot in her pajama bottoms.

"Violet, please let daddy put your jammies on," I held onto one of her legs as she kept kicking,

"No!" she yelled with a smile on her face.

I swear she loved to push my buttons on purpose, just to see me annoyed, "Violet, stop it right now and let me put your clothes on!"

"NO!" she did some sort of twist and kick that had her out of my grip. She quickly stood up and took off running with just her pull up on.

"VIOLET!" I yell as I chase her around the living room sofas.

"NO! NO! NO!" She kept running,

I decided to give up and I fell back onto the sofa with Violets pajamas in my hand. I heard a little giggle from my left and I turn to see Viola laughing at her sister, as Violet continues to run around the sofas with her favorite blanket flying behind her.

I smile at the sight of Viola laughing; her laugh is so sweet and smooth and it sounds like music sometimes.

"You think she's funny, don't you?" I ask Viola and she nods with a big smile on her face, "come here baby."

I reach for her and pull her into my lap. She lays back on me and I grab at her feet; and with my fingers I look and feel each toe. I can't help but smile as I think that I created these two little people. I looked at Violet, and remembered that my mom said a few months ago about how me and Violet are similar in so many ways.

There was a knock at the door and Violet stopped running as she stared at the door. I looked over the back of the sofa at the door as well. We didn't expect anyone over, especially not at 8pm.

I stood up with Viola in my arms and made my way to the door. Violet decided to stick close behind me, hugging tightly to her blanket. I opened the door and stood face to face with the mother of my children.

"Angelica?" She was just as beautiful as I remembered 2 years ago.

"Hello Vincent." She smiled at me then looked at the girls, "can we talk?"