Chapter Thirty-Two

Vincent's POV

It has been the best two days of my life.

Bethany is back and she has forgiven me and has given me a second chance.

My girls are also ecstatic that she is back, they have not stopped talking a out her since she became their teacher again.

I had just dropped the girls off at school and was able to get a good morning kiss from Bethany, which made my entire day. I was currently sitting in the backseat of the car on my way to work when started to ring. I look at the caller ID to see that it was Angelica's agent, Julio. I answer it out of curiosity,

"Vincent Hawkins," I state into the phone,

"Good morning Mr. Hawkins, I'm calling to find out if you heard anything from Angie recently?" His voice held some concern,

"Uh, no. I figured she was in Australia with you the past few weeks,"

"No, she never made her flight," there was movement in his background, "may I ask when was the last time you heard from her?"

"The last time I heard from her, was three weeks ago as she talked to the girls on the phone," I shifted in my seat and look out the window, "how about you? When was the last time you spoke with her?"

"Same, about three weeks ago," he sighed, "I figured since she missed her flight that she wanted to stay home with you all, you know after her breakup with Dean, two months ago."

My blood boiled, "his name is not Dean."

"So if you haven't heard from her in three weeks and neither I nor her family have also heard from her," he gasp, "that means she's missing."

The second he said those words, my phone began to beep with an alert that the girls school was on lockdown.

"I have to call you back Julio," I didn't even wait for him to respond as I hung up and opened the alert:

DALLAS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IS CURRENTLY UNDER LOCKDOWN. THERE HAS BEEN SIGHTINGS OF AN ARMED INTRUDER WALKING THE GROUNDS OF THE SCHOOL. THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES HAVE BEEN CONTACTED.

I began to panic, thinking about the girls and Bethany. I instruct Patrick to turn around and head back to the school; he heard the panic in my voice and didn't hesitate. He made an illegal u-turn and raced back to the school.