19 | Helpless

Começar do início

I stopped immediately.

"Apparently the tendon. . .I mean the tissues around your wrist and finger joints are damaged. It would've recovered just by drugs but since you didn't receive proper medication after the accident and it has been a really long time, we'll have to rely on some hand exercises to bring back the movement."

I nodded.

"You don't expect me to understand that shit, right?"

"No, absolutely not," He laughed. Then he took out some medicines from his bag. They were two different types.

"So what are we supposed to do now?"

"Nothing."

"Huh?"

"If you will try to move your hand now, you won't be able to tolerate the pain. You have to take these medicines to numb your hand before the therapy."

"Give me those medicines now."

"They take at least an hour to come into effect." He stood up and headed towards the door.

"I'll give them to your brother and explain everything. Next time take them one hour before the session starts so that we can proceed with the exercises directly. I guess I'll take my leave now."

I nodded while he left the room.

~

Victor sat in his office. He was a bit stressed over Lila's doctor who was too young for Victor's liking.

He looked like a fucking teenager for God's sake.

How in hell did he even manage to become a doc at one of the best rehabs at such a young age?

He'd immediately contacted the authorities but they advised Victor to keep up with him since he was the best they'd got.

He was lost in thoughts when his phone vibrated indicating a text.

Elijah : He has been brought to the warehouse.

A malicious smirk made its way on Victor's face and he wasted no time in heading towards the warehouse which took him just five minutes.

Victor walked arrogantly through the dimly lit and stinky corridors and finally reached the cell where John William was kept.

He looked at the man standing in the corner who then kicked John in the side to wake him up from his peaceful slumber.

"John," Victor spat.

His eyes slowly opened looking at the man standing before him.

"Victor Alfonso. It's about time we meet," The lunatic had the nerve to smirk.

'Just wait till I wipe that off your face in a not so good way.' Victor thought to himself.

"For someone vulnerably tied on a chair, you sure do have a lot of confidence," Victor taunted, taking slow step towards the defenceless man in front of him.

"Come on Victor, you won't kill me. You can't," John said.

"You think so?"

"I know, so."

"And how?"

"You won't kill me until you don't want your little sister to know about your mafia, Don Victor Alfonso."

Victor's eyes widened for a fraction of second, just for a second though.

"How do you know?"

It was not the big brother in him but the Don speaking. The person who was capable of making the deadliest person on the planet to shrink back in fear.

The devil of a Don, Victor Alfonso was known to be.

"That's not important, Don."

"Tell me John, if I kill you now, who is going to tell her then?"

"Sad of you to think that I'm the only one who knows," John laughed crazily like a madman.

"Who are you John William?"

It was a mistake of Alfonso's to think of him as a normal university going lad. There was something he was definitely hiding.

Something dangerous.

"What?"

"Which twenty year old young boy would go around hitting an eight year old?"

Suddenly John scrunched up his nose and his face contorted into that of disgust.

"I hated her and I hated that whore of her mother," He sneered. "My mother was dying and instead of being with her, that sorry excuse of a man was busy fucking his mistress.

"Everytime I saw the kid, I remembered her mother. The reason my family broke. The reason my brother was sent away from me."

"Daniel was sent to a boarding school because he was a bright student."

"You think so?" He laughed sarcastically. "The reason Dan was sent to a boarding was because the bitch manipulated Patrick into doing so. Because she wanted him all for herself."

"That never gave you the right to abuse my sister."

"Your mom destroyed my family, I destroyed her daughter. Simple."

"And was my mother the only one guilty? What about your dad?"

"Oh trust me, I took good care of him." He leaned towards Victor and whispered in an almost inaudible voice. "Do you think it was an accident?"

"What did you do?"

"Maybe someone did something nasty to his car when he was going out with his so called girlfriend to search for Lila, when she had ran away.

"Or maybe someone cut off their oxygen supply when they were lying helplessly on the hospital bed."

Victor stood their, quietly looking at the crazy psychopath sitting in front of him.

"Oh, God knows just how much pleasure I got with all this. Every slap and every hit."

Victor punched him hard in the gut and that one punch was enough for him to cough out blood.

But that didn't stop John from laughing.

"Look at you Don, you want to kill me so badly but can't because if you do your little secret will be out in seconds," He mocked. "What will Lila think when she will get to know what a monster her brother actually is?"

And Victor Alfonso was helpless for the first time in his life.

~

Alaric
[al-uh-ric]
all-powerful ruler / ruler of all

I mean what's a mafia book without a little violence?