17 | Talks

After Victor explained everything to his brothers, each one of them took the information differently.

While Elijah, Damien and Xander were distraught after learning what their sister had to go through, Xavier went ballistic.

He destroyed his room, throwing and shattering everything he could.

Out of all the brothers, Xavier had been the only one to openly criticize their father's plan to keep his only daughter safe.

For years, Xavier grew up to hate his family.

He hated his mom for taking Lila away.

He hated his father for locking him away that night because he believed that had he got a bit more time, he would've successfully persuaded his mom to choose him instead.

And he hated his brothers for letting her go. Xavier was locked in his room that night, helpless but his brothers weren't and they still let Lila be taken away from them.

The twins were eight when Lila went away and they were only told about the whole arrangement once they turned teenagers.

But for some reason, Xavier refused to agree with it. 'She would've been safer with us', he would always say.

And turns out he was right this whole time.

Now he couldn't help but think of reviving Bethany to life and kill that sorry excuse of a mother.

While his brother was busy mourning over the suffering his sister was subjected to, Victor sat calmly in his office.

Too calm for everyone's good.

He was patiently waiting for his men to complete the search and send his whereabouts to Victor so that he could satisfy the searing bloodlust.

A name was what he needed. A name was what he got.

John William.

The person who will soon be wishing to have rather died than to face Victor Alfonso.

For Victor who could devise a whole plan of murdering Mia for something as small as making his sister cry, only God knows what he'll do to someone like John.

- l i l a -

The brothers were visibly acting different.

No one came to wake me up the next day till noon, they let me sleep late and most importantly they let me skip school for a few days which I was really grateful for.

I was in no mood to confront Daniel right now.

But the best thing was no one talked about last night, the nightmare and everything I had told Vic. It was as if it never happened.

Xavier's signature scowl was back. Honestly, I'd missed it a bit because amusing arguments and little bickering with him was what kept me going through this boring life.

He was angry because I forgot to do the laundry yesterday as I had promised him to due to which I'd to do it for two days now if I wanted something in return.

Xander was, as usual, telling me how I should complete my homework on time and be precise with my answers if I want good grades which was irritating as hell.

Now that I was not going to school, he had taken it upon himself to teach me whatever I was missing.

So basically apart from letting me miss school, my brothers were acting very much the same.