8 | Guest

- l i l a -

Damien called me down for dinner that day. He had told me that someone was coming over and asked me to dress nicely.

Do I care? No.

I put on my favorite baggy hoodie and ripped jeans and went down.

When I came down, the table was already set and almost everyone was sitting there in their usual places. I went and sat between Lijah and Xavier.

"Who's coming?" I asked Lijah expectantly.

"You'll see."

A few moments later, the bell rang and one of the maid opened the door. I moved a bit to see who was there and froze.

There stood Mia. The bitch.

When we were kids, I used to think we were distant cousins. But as I grew up, I realized that we were not related.

I didn't know much but apparently her parents worked for my dad and they had died during some project and she was under my dad's care ever since.

But what the hell was she doing here?

Honestly I never liked Mia. She was just an attention seeking prick. She lived in California but visited us during vacations.

When we were young, whenever Mia came over she would act like she was their sister, not me. She would act like the queen of the house.

I still remember how she used to take away all of my precious things without permission and then flaunt them in front of others.

And to think she's not even an Alfonso.

But what was more heart breaking was how Xavier always stood up for her. While he always annoyed and irritated me, he would always play with her.

Was I jealous back then? Yes.

Do I care now? No.

I never liked her but I started hating her when she took away the pendant dad gifted me on my third birthday.

When Mia saw me, her face paled. It was priceless. Someone give me a fucking camera. But she quickly covered it and all I wanted to do was laugh.

The maids started serving once everyone settled down.

"I see Lila is back." Mia said giving me the most fake smile.

"Umm. . .Sorry but you are?" I gave her the blank look I had mastered in years.

"Ah yeah. You probably don't remember me now. Let me introduce myself. I'm Mia."

"Mia who?"

"Mia Costello."

"Oh so aren't you that ass who used to steal all of my things."

Her jaw dropped to the ground. From the corner of my eyes I could see Xander biting back a laugh.

"Oh come on. You used to give me those things yourself. So for how long are you here?" She said quickly changing the topic.