11 | Sleepover

- l i l a -

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Have you ever been in a situation when all you want to do is to run away to the hills and jump off a cliff to avoid answering certain questions?

That's exactly what I wanted to do when Victor looked me in the eyes and our identical silver orbs met, his way too darker though.

Naked.

All I felt was exposed under his intense gaze as if he could read my soul and look past my lies.

In my mind, I had already formulated a thousand replies but none of them seemed convenient enough to satisfy him.

Initially I had planned on replying with a simple, 'I don't know what you're talking about,' but knowing Victor very well, he would definitely kill me with that stare for even daring to think about lying to him.

"Why do you care?"

This was probably the stupidest thing to say at such a moment but my brain was not functioning properly when from my peripheral vision, I could see five pair of eyes eyeing me closely.

My crazy reply was followed by someone's clearing of throat and even though all of my attention was on my food, I could still tell it was Victor.

"Why do I care? I guess last time I checked, I'm your elder brother who also happens to be your legal guardian,"

Oh Victor, you don't even dare to start that 'I'm your brother' bull shit with me.

I scoffed, " My brother? Are you the same brother who practically kicked me out of your house when I was just four,"

I was already been on the edge today. He should have not pushed me.

"We didn't kick you out of the house Lila. Mom wanted you to go with her," It was Damien.

Are we seriously playing five v/s one right now. You know what? I don't care. I, alone, am sufficient to kick their asses.

"Please Damien, who are you even lying to? You and me both know that she never wanted to take me with her. Rather she didn't have any choice,"

"No, she wanted to take you Lila. Not me, not Xander, she chose you," Xavier butted in.

"Shut up Xavier. You were not even there that night. I was there. I had heard their whole conversation. She wanted you. You." I said every word poking his chest. "Do you understand?"

My voice has raised heaps and I was right now standing facing Xavier.

"No Lily, she wanted you. She cared for you that's why she didn't want to leave you here with us," Xander said in a soft voice to which I started laughing like crazy.

"She cared, you tell me? Well for your information Xander, if she cared then she would've not treated like that. She would've looked after me properly instead of treating me like an outsider.

"She would've sent me to a rehab care like the doc asked her too. It was the only thing I liked to do. My only talent and my escape from reality. But now I can't, hell I can't even use my fucking right hand-"