Chapter 10

GISELLE

When I woke up, the first person that met my eyes were Achilles' I was back on his bed.

He was seated near the window but his attention was on me.

I tried to recall everything that happened last night.

Nick and his attempted rape on me.

I glanced back at Achilles and saw him staring back at me.

He looks mad.

"Hi.. " my voice came out as a whisper.

He didn't answer which made me start squirming under his gaze.

"Uhm.. Have you had breakfast yet?" I asked him sitting at the edge of the bed.

He turned his attention out the window before standing up from his seat, his back turned towards me.

Okay? What was that about?

Not wanting the atmosphere to be akward, I stood up myself and went near him.

Just like what I did in the alley, I gently placed one hand on his shoulder.

This made him flinch.

"Achilles is everything alright?" now I'm calling him by his first name.

He turned towards me slowly, looking down at me because of our height difference.

"I don't know Giselle, you tell me."

That caught me by surprise.

Uhm.. What?

My eyebrows furrowed, still looking at him.

"What do you mean?" I pulled my hand back to my side.

"Last night, why did you leave the VIP lounge?" he asked me, shoving his hands on his pockets.

I remembered walking out because I didn't like the way the woman was straddling him.

But of course I'm not going to say that to him.

"I just wanted to dance." I lied.

"Dance? You wanted to dance and somehow I ended up finding you in an alley about to get raped? Dance?!" this time, Achilles didn't bother hiding his irritation.

I took a step back, feeling angry myself.

"Okay, what the hell is your problem?" I asked crossing my arms in my chest.

"You don't say! My problem? My problem is you! How on earth do you always find trouble. Why are you such a trouble maker?!" he shouted making me flinch.

"Every single time you leave my line of sight, the next thing I see is you on trouble!" he continued and I tried my hardest not to scoff.

"Okay first of all, it's not my fault that you decided to keep me here when I tried so many times to ask you to let me leave! Second, I do not find myself in trouble, my life was fine before you! No mister, I am not trouble, you are! And third, why on earth are we even arguing about this early in the morning?!" I raised my voice and this only made him angrier.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because I'm not the one always causing trouble and almost getting raped yesterday! That's what you get for whoring around!" he deadpanned.

This time I really scoffed.

"Whoring around?! Really?! Tell me, who was the one grinding on a prostitute yesterday at the bar?! Who was the one who had a slut straddling him when on a meeting on a supposed  business?!" at this point, I was boiling mad.