Contritum

*the prompt maybe is in the images*

!!warnings: angst, sadness, cheating!!

Clay = Dream

"No, Cora! This was the last time!" Clay shouted as he pulled on his shirt.

"But I can do so much better than your pathetic husband!" She said, sliding onto Clay's arm like the snake she was.

"Get off me." He says, disgustedly. He was cutting off all ties with her, and going to apologize to George. Why had he ever touched her, again?

He storms out, and gets into his car. He sighs, and rummages for his keys, before finding them and putting them into the ignition. He turns it on, and begins the 30 minute drive home. How was he going to tell the love of his life that he'd cheated on him? It was all Dream's fault; if he hadn't gotten drunk that one time..

He pulls into their driveways and breathes in. He unlocks the front door. "George?" Clay asks, nervously.

"Dreamy?" George yawns from the couch. He stands up and stifles another yawn. "Where were you last night?"

"Um..that's actually what I wanted to talk to you about, Georgie." Clay sighs. "I've been seeing someone else. I broke it off today, but..you deserve to know."

George felt the silent tears rolling down his cheeks. Why was he not good enough? His breathing was sharp and shallow. Was he too skinny? Too loud? Too cold? What was wrong with him that made his husband cheat on him? He swallows. "I..I forgive you, Clay. Don't ever do it again. Promise me that."

"I swear, I won't ever do it again!" Clay was relieved for a second chance, to fix what was wrong between them.

"Alright. I'll try to be better. I'll be better so you won't be tempted again." George's expression was broken, the silent tears still rolling down his cheeks.

"What?" Clay was so very confused. He had done wrong; not George. Why did George have to be better?

"I'll be better so you won't look at anyone else. If I was perfect, you wouldn't have looked at them."

it's midnight so its short but i felt like writing angst :,)