Cadere

Clay = Dream

George sighed, running a hand through his hair. His YouTube channel wasn't doing very well, and he was having to go to an interview with a stupid company just to pay his bills. He couldn't set his own hours, and he might have to give up on his channel--he was stressing out. The interview was tomorrow, though. For now, to calm him down a bit, he was going to go get a coffee.

He made it halfway down the stairs before he tripped on his own shoe, and tumbled downwards. He suddenly stopped when someone caught him. "I think you just fell for me." The stranger says, smirking.

George glares at him, unamused. "Put me down."

The stranger chuckles, shaking his head. He walks down the stairs, setting George down. "Wanted to make sure you didn't trip again. My name is Clay, by the way."

"..thanks, Clay. I'm George." He introduces himself.

Clay smiles. "No problem."

George walks off, to go get his coffee. He sits at a window seat, enjoying the ambiance of Jumpstart Cafè as usual. He hears his name called for his order, and he strides forwards, smiling. "Thank you!" He looks up and meets the same light green eyes from earlier. "C-clay? I didn't know you worked here!"

"I didn't know you came here!" Clay chuckles. "It's almost like fate is pushing us together~"

George shakes his head masking his smile. "We should hang out sometime. For now, though, you'd better get back to work.

Clay sighs. "But I want to hang out with you now!" He whines. George walks back over to his booth despite Clay's protest. He tugs out his laptop and begins editing his latest video, headphones in.

A few hours later, George stretches and startles when he notices Clay sitting across from him, sipping his own coffee. "How long have you been there?" He asks, surprised.

"You seemed busy, so I didn't want to bother you." He responds. "C'mon! Do you play Minecraft?"

"I- yeah?"

"I bet I can beat you at any game!"

George narrows his eyes. "I'll take that bet, Clay!"

He finishes packing up and then leads the way back to the apartment complex, talking to Clay about what he did. Surprisingly enough, he was a YouTuber too, but he still worked for a bit of extra revenue.

On the way back up the stairs, George tripped again, but Clay caught him again. "Stop falling for me!" He chuckles, putting George back down.

"It's not like I choose to fall down!" George mumbles, blushing a bit.

thank y'all for 200 reads! it means alot to me :)

you're the best! expect more oneshots today!

pssst! vote and comment! it takes a second but makes my day :)