12

They flew for hours in tired and shocked silence Virgil didn't know who that man was, or how he knew of his existence. He kept trying to remember if recently he did something that could have alerted the hunters, but nothing came to mind.

He sighed in frustration, almost immediately regretting it as the wounds in his abdomen caused him a stabbing pain, making him groan slightly.

"You okay?" Patton immediately asked, eyeing him worriedly.

Virgil nodded weakly.

"Yeah, my chest just hurts a little."

"Well that's what happens when you act like a moron and don't let your dragon help you, bitch!" Nyx immediately butted in making the dragon-witch roll his eyes.

"Okay, okay I get it. Telling you to stay away was a stupid mistake. You were right. Happy?"

"Very." Confirmed the dragon with smugness in her voice, to which the guy just rolled his eyes again.

"Giant Lizard" He mumbled just to rile her up, chuckling at the offered noises she let out through the mind link and barely avoiding her tail coming to slightly hit him over the head.

"Virgil? Where are we going precisely?" Logan intervened, stopping the slight banter between the two and making the dragon witch's smile fade slightly as he came back to the reality of the situation.

"East, as far away from where we were as we can manage in one evening. It'll probably add a couple of days to our journey towards the Kingdom, but we can't risk another run in, not in the conditions we are now."

The others only nodded as they resumed the quiet flight.

"I can see a small clearing ahead of us, we can stop there. The trees provide more protection than the one from yesterday and as far as I can see there's no one around." Nyx informed Virgil after a couple of seconds, making him sigh in relief. He felt like he could pass out at any moment and every single part of his body hurt like hell.

"Perfect. Go down so we can settle for the night."

"You got it boss."

And with that, the dragon started gliding towards the ground immediately causing Roman and Logan's breath to itch.

"W-What's happening?!" The prince immediately exclaimed, making the dragon witch laugh slightly.

"Don't be so overdramatic Princey. We're just landing for the night, Nyx managed to find a small clearing perfect for us to settle in."

As soon as they landed Roman and Logan immediately jumped down, stumbling a little due to not being used to flying, while Patton helped Virgil slowly get to the ground, apologizing every time the dragon witch flinched or hissed in pain.

"What are you doing?" The prince prime advisor asked as he was he watched the dragon witch leaving the cherry guy's side and walking towards the edge of the clearing.

"I have to cast some protection spells, or we'll be too exposed for the night."

"What?!" Roman exclaimed immediately, taking a step forward. "Are you crazy? You're hurt, you're just going to worsen your situation!"

"Princey, we're all way too tired to stay up to stand the guard and I refuse to risk another ambush." He said not even turning around to look at the guy.

"Nyx come help me please. I'm so weak to do it alone."

The dragon was immediately to his side, looking at him worriedly.

"Virgil are you sure? As much as I hate to admit it Prince Chicken over there is right, you are hurt..."

"I don't care. If they find us again and we're not ready, we're dead Nyx. I can't risk that."

He didn't have to say anything else as the dragon let him put a hand on her head. They both focused as best as they could, eyes closed, as the dragon witched mumbled out a few words, using what was left of his energies to cast some basic protection spells, slowly moving all around the clearing.

It only took a few minutes for Virgil to get to the point where he started, swaying slightly on his feet.

"Virgil? Are you okay?" Logan asked, taking a step forward as the dragon witch turned around with a dazed look on his face.

The guy only managed to mumble a small 'yes' before passing out making the other three gasp. He would have fallen face first if it wasn't for the dragon's quick reflexes in catching him with her neck and gently laying him on the grass.

Seeing the three guys run over right away, Nyx immediately growl, making Patton and Logan stop dead in their tracks, eyes wide and lips parted in surprise. Only Roman didn't didn't even flinch at the threatening sound as he still took long strides towards the passed out dragon-witch.

"Oh, shut up Randall Boggs! This is not the time to be a sassy bitch and you know it." He said, not even sparing a glance at the dragon who was just staring at him in pure and utter shock.

She didn't move as the prince knelt down besides her, taking Virgil's head into his lap and stroking his hair gently.

"Well? What the hell are you waiting for Logan? Get over here!"

The nerd immediately got up, shaking the surprise off of him, already taking out of his bag what he needed to help Virgil, Patton right behind him.

They all flinched as Logan gently lift up the dragon witch's shirt, seeing all of the bruises and cuts littering the man's torso.

The serious guy didn't say anything as he just started to gently put pressure in certain points, checking for broken ribs and bandaging where necessary; Roman just kept running his hands through Virgil's hair, trying to provide comfort to the passed out man and Patton was gently stroking Nyx's scales.

It was almost midnight when Logan finally finished medicating the man, letting out a relived and tired sigh. After checking one last time that everything was okay they bid each other good night and everyone went to sleep, no one noticing the eyes studying them through the thick foliage of the forest.

Okay, I know this is a bit short but I'm pretty sure (trying not to jinx myself here) I'll be posting another chapter tonight. Yeah, I'm talking about a double update!

Anyway, let me know what you think, even though this is pretty much just a filler!

As always feel free to point out any mistakes/typos you may find and leave a comment to tell me what you think is going to happen next!

Bye,

Ali c: