11

Virgil felt Roman's arm wrap around his shoulders as the prince dived into the ground, both of them barely missing an arrow being shoot towards them. The dragon witch stared at the weapon wide eyed, before turning around, vines of purple light already dancing on his arms and hands, ready to attack.

He heard the prince immediately got up and unsheathe his sword as he walked towards where Logan was struggling against four darkly dressed men, the small obsidian dagger slashing through the air as he tried to hit the targets; One of Virgil's purple rays left his hand as he lifted his arm and pointed it towards one of the offenders, immediately knocking him out.

"Nyx we're getting attacked." He sent through the mind-link as he got up and ran to help the other two; "Do not come down until I tell you to."

"Don't come down?! The fuck do you mean don't come down, you're gonna get yourself killed!"

The dragon witch huffed frustrated as he caused another spell to ward off yet another man. He didn't know how many there were but they kept coming out of the vegetation. He could see out of the corner of his eyes the prince and his prime advisor fighting back to back, but he could tell their movements started to become slower as the tiredness set in.

"Nyx do as I say. You have Patton with you, keep him safe. When I'll tell you to, dive down and pick up Logan and Roman, I'll keep them distracted."

Just as he closed off the link, another man came out of the shadows of the wood. He was tall and slim, his black hair slightly longer than on average fell messily on his forehead, barely covering his ice blue eyes that were staring right at Virgil.

"Well, well, well." He started, his voice low and pleased. "Looks like I finally find you, dragon-witch."

Before he could even realize what the stranger had said, the man took out a sword and started running towards him, the black blade made out of obsidian shining in the sunlight

Virgil managed to get out of the way as they started to fight, purple light hitting the dark mineral just to bounce off of it.

"Where's your dragon, Monster?" The man spat out, making Virgil growl as another ray of light left his hand, hitting the hunter on the shoulder and making him stumble back slightly.

The dragon-witch allowed himself a small smile as he watched the other hold the wound, not noticing the small black dagger the man had taken out until it was already flying toward him.

His eyes widened as he jumpier to the side, trying to dodge the attack, but this time he wasn't fast enough. He felt the sharp blade cutting through his skin of his side, leaving a deep cut just below his ribs.

He hissed in pain, his hand immediately going to cover his wound as the hunter stepped forward taking out yet another knife and kneeing him in the gut and making him double over.

Searing pain shot through him as he felt the stranger kicking and punching him, the weapon slashing through the air, managing to inflict more than one cut on the dragon witch; a sickening crack filled the air as the man manage to break one of his ribs.

Virgil fell over, a small whimper leaving his lips, his energy weakened by the now numerous cut covering his body.

"What a pity." The stranger clicked his tongue with a sigh as he stared down at Virgil, a smug smile on his lips. "Your species used to be so powerful. Now look at you. What a pathetic heritage."

The dragon-witch glared at him before spitting on his shoes. He watched as the smugness left the man's face, subsided by rage as he lifted the knife.

Just as the weapon started to make its way down towards him though, a roar filled the air and Nyx appeared from above the clouds, gliding towards the ground.

The hunter immediately turned around, eyes wide and skin pale, watching as the dragon landed right in the center of the clearing, he tail swinging right and left, hitting the hunter's man one after the other, her teeth snapping as she grabbed the offenders in her mouth and tossing them against trees.

When she was done with them, her eyes finally zeroed on the petrified stranger, a loud, threatening growl leaving her as smoke started to come out of her mouth.

The dragon-witch could see Patton behind her helping a bruised Roman get on her back, a tired Logan already holding on to the cheery guy's shoulders. As soon at the prince's feet left the ground, a bright purple flame left Nyx's mouth, among right for the hunter.

The man dived to the ground, barely avoiding the heat of the fire, before quickly scattering to his feet and running into the vegetation, with the dragon following him till the edge of the clearing.

"Yeah, that's what I thought, bitch. You better run." Nyx's voice sounded through the mind-link making Virgil chuckle slightly before doubling over with a grunt of pain.

The dragon turned towards him, her eyes stern although concerned.

"How many times do I have to save your ass before you understand we are a team, uh? You're gonna get both of us killed one of these days and I ain't okay with that bitch."

Virgil smiled as he slowly got up from where he was, concealing a small hiss of pain.

"I'm sorry Nyx. I just didn't want anyone to get hurt." He sighed climbed on her back trying not to wince.

"Yeah, well, you got yourself hurt and me worried sick for you, you dumbfuck."

The dragon-witch ignored her, looking at the other three instead, trying to decide if they had any major wounds.

"You guys okay? Are you hurt in any way?" He asked settling in front of a worried looking Roman.

"Yes I think none of us has anything more than a few bruises and scratches." Logan stated, inspecting his body as if to confirm what he just said.

"Are you okay tough? That guy didn't go easy on you and all his weapon were made out of obsidian."

Virgil turned towards the prince, studying him for a few seconds: his hair were all over the place and he had a small cut on his cheek, his lips was split and slightly bleeding, his white uniform covered in dirt and new blood stains.

The dragon witch offered him a small smile when he saw the concern in his eyes.

"I'm okay." He assured, immediately hearing Nyx in his head.

"Bullshit." She said, before forcing her way though the link and getting a hold of his voice.

"He's lying. He's bleeding, I can smell his blood from here. He needs rest and medications. But first we have to find a safe place to sleep." She closed the link off, leaving an embarrassed and mortified Virgil to squirm under the three concerned and surprised gazes of his companions.

"It's really not that bad, I swear." He tried reassuring, but he could already see Logan and Roman's expression becoming even more worried as they took in his blood stained clothes they hadn't previously noticed, and Patton's eyes filling with tears.

"Why wouldn't you tell us you were hurt?" He whimpered, making guilt immediately fill the dragon-witches gut as he tried to avoid eye-contact.

"You're a fucking traitor, you know that right?" He hissed through the mind-link.

"You almost got us killed. You deserved it." She answered, not skipping a beat.

Virgil just rolled his eyes huffing.

"Whatever. Let's get out of here before they come back."

And with that they were off.

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting yesterday, I tried to write but wasn't in the right mood for such an intense scene! Plus it was 1 am so... yeah...

Anyway here it is! I suck at writing fighting scenes so I hope it's at least acceptable! I was planning on going further and leaving you guys with another cliffhanger but decided against it, thank me later hahaha!

As always feel free to point out any mistakes/typos you may find and leave a comment to tell me what you think of the chapter!

Bye,

Ali c: