13

It was only a couple of hours later that Virgil finally woke up, his body still sore as his hands gingerly skimmed over the bandages wrapped around his torso.

"What the hell has happened?" Virgil groaned, slowly sitting up and looking around at his three sleeping friends. They were all laying near his dragon, trying to stay warm; Roman was the closest to him, his arm reaching out where just seconds ago was the dragon witch's hand was.

He looked at the prince's sleeping form for a few moments, studying his slightly uneasy expression and noticing how the fingers of his reached out hand slightly twitched, as if trying to grab something that wasn't there.

"You passed out from exhaustion you big dumbass. I told you you were hurt, but did you listen to me? No obviously!" Nyx ranted, interrupting Virgil's thoughts and making him roll his eyes.

"I knew I was Nyx, but as I have already told you we couldn't risk being found again! I don't even know how that asshole of a hunter found me in the first place."

"Yeah, yeah whatever." She dismissed him as she always did whenever she knew he was right.

They stayed silent for a few seconds after that, both lost in their thoughts as they listened to the other's quiet snores, before the dragon broke it again.

"Hey, you know who the hell is Randall Boggs?"

Virgil just looked at her with his eyebrow raised at the completely random question.

"Who?"

Nyx just stared at him for a few seconds. "You know what? Never-"

A rustling of leaves from behind them made them both jump and turn towards the source of the sound.

"There's someone there." The dragon whispered through the mind link. "And they are watching us."

Slowly from the edge of the clearing, a man walked out of the trees, taking slow and cautious steps towards them with a bow and arrow in hand pointed right in their direction. He was tall and thin, his body looked lithe more than muscly, and the steps he took were essentially soundless. His black hair were pointing in every direction, falling slightly on his face and his eyes, narrowed into threatenings slits and with dark circles around them, looked just as green as the leaves.

"Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my territory?" He asked in a low voice, stopping a few feet away from them.

Virgil tried to subtly send a look towards Nyx and focus enough to tell her to do something to wake the others, but the stranger was apparently more observant than he thought.

"Don't even think about it. I'm not alone and all it takes is a small signal their way for them to kill you." He warned, glaring at them. "I'll ask you one last time. Who. The fuck. Are you?"

"I-I'm Virgil." The dragon witch answered, raising his hands to show he wasn't a threat, "And this is Nyx, my dragon. I'm here with my friends because I was trying to take them back to their kingdom but got caught in an ambush. We mean no harm. We're just resting for the night and tomorrow start walking again."

The guy didn't say anything for a few seconds, just staring at him suspicious.

"That dragon is yours?" He asked after a while, gesturing towards her with his head.

Virgil just nodded, arms still raised as with his foot tried to gently kick Roman awake without the stranger noticing.

"Prove it." There was some kind of challenging tone in his voice, which made the dragon-witch raise an eyebrow and Nyx immediately growl.

What neither of them expected though, was for a different growl to answer her, making the both of them jump as a big black panther jumped in front of the man, showing its teeth and snapping her jaws.

Patton, Logan and Roman immediately jumped awake at the loud roaring, quickly backing up closer to the dragon as sleep still clouded their visions.

"What the hell is happening?!" The prince mumbled, before finally noticing the stranger and fumbling to get to his sword.

"Princey, don't." Virgil warned immediately, "we're in their territory, they have the right to be mad. Also he's not alone and we don't know how many they are."

"Why didn't your protection spells work?" There was a small shaking in the nerd's, his eyes not leaving the panther who was still staring at them, tail going left and right angrily.

"Because I made them to only ward off humans."

"Well?" The stranger interrupted them getting impatient and stretching the bow's string further."I told you to prove that that is your dragon. I don't have all night bitch."

"How dare he?!"

Virgil ignored the dragon's offended remark and closed his eyes for a second, trying his best to focus despite the fact that he still didn't recover from the earlier battle. When he opened back up, they were glowing purple, a soft lilac aura surrounding his body. Slowly he reached for the edge of his shirt, gently pulling it away to show a mark on his collarbone shining in the same color of his eyes. It was the drawing of a small identical to Nyx with a small "N" right next to it.

The stranger lowered the weapon, staring at the dragon witch almost in awe.

"That's impossible..." He whispered, eyes wide. Even the Panther stopped growling to look back at who Virgil assumed was its owner.

"Can you tell us who you are now kiddo?" Patton asked hesitantly, slightly flinching when the guy's eyes zeroed on him. Only then the dragon witch noticed they were just like the ones a cat would have: completely green with a long, black, vertical pupil at the center of them.

"This is my daimon, Kiera," he said putting a hand on the animals head, causing her to purr happily. " and I'm Remy Trevino, alpha of the daimon pack."

AND HERE IT IS! I know it's short, but I'm not used to two chapters in a row and it's 2 am so this is the best I could do! Since I saw a lot of people saying it, here's a small spoiler: Jenis and Remus are both in this story, but neither of them is evil! They are actually going to be in the next chapter!

As always feel free to point out any mistakes/typos you may find and leave a comment to tell me what you think of the chapter!

bye,

Ali c: