39.

So I'm rereading this lil story of mine and I wanted to say thank you for sticking by my side. And thank you all to who comment I can't tell you how much I've laughed today reading through them all (I even peed my pants once) enjoy!

Nancy's eyes widened in shock. She looked around trying to calm herself down at such a question. I'm sure she wasn't expecting me to ask such a thing, like how I wasn't expecting her to show up on my front lawn.

"Hey, I'm not mad or anything, I just wish you would have told me." I stated trying to end the silence between us. "How- how did you find out?" She questioned avoiding eye contact with me.

Do I tell her that I basically stalked her and caught them? Do I tell her I've been paying close attention to the way Johnathan looks at her and slides his index finger on the top of her hand whenever we're sitting in the grass thinking he's being coy.

"I just-I don't know I just felt like something was up between the both of you and I thought I'd ask." "Oh Riley! Nancy cooed standing up and walking frantically in circles in my living room. "Are you mad? I'll break up with him-" "Nancy, no." I cut her off. "I'm not mad, I just wish you would have told me instead of me having to put puzzle pieces together." I stated looking up at her. She froze in her steps and looked down at the ground. "I... I thought you would've been upset. I didn't want to get you jealous." She answered softly.

I let out a huff of breath taken aback, "Jealous?" Nancy nodded her head still avoiding eye contact with me. "Nance I- I could never be jealous. I'm so happy for you! Why would you think that?" I questioned lifting myself off the couch.

Nancy stayed silent and looked up at me. Her lips began to open but she closed them once more. "Nancy?" I pressed. "I just feel like if I told you, there'd be another thing on your list to be envious of me about." I stood there shocked at her answer. "Riley, I know how you feel. I never say anything because well... how do you even approach someone with this type of stuff? Every time something good that happens to me I can see the pain in your eyes because you have never experienced anything like it." Nancy let a breath of air out and looked me in the eyes. Her eyes began to glaze over. "You are always so hard on yourself, and I don't want to be one of the reasons for you to resent yourself." Tears began to build up in my eyes, I began to wipe them away before they can escape.

"I just wish you would've told me." I stuttered out.

Am I that bad of a person to where my friends can't go to me with exciting news? What's wrong with me? Am I that unapproachable?

I let out a whimper and the tears began to roll down my cheeks. "I'm sorry Nancy." I choked out. Nancy walked closed to me opening her arms and embraced me. We stood there for a few minutes with her holding me and me silently crying, with negative thoughts in my mind on how I'm such a bad friend.

"I'm sorry, Nance." I stated minutes later breaking the silence. "I'm sorry too, Ri. I should have told you no matter what. You out of all people know me the best."

I sat there in silence knowing I had to tell Nancy about Billy and I. "Billy wants to have sex..." I stated. Nancy froze and then slowly brought me away from her grasp. "You haven't had sex with him yet?" She questioned. I scoffed swatting her arm, "Don't you think if I did I would have told you already?" "I mean you've a point, what's stopping you from it?" I sat there in silence trying to figure out how to answer this.

I like him a lot and I feel like I can't just give in.

I want more from him than sex.

I want to make love, not mindless sex for my first time.

What has become of me? I used to not care, I wanted to get this dumb thing called virginity over with before? What has Billy Hargrove done to me? As much as an asshole he has been to me these past few months I've encountered with him he's got me a wrapped around his finger. And he doesn't even realize it.

I stepped back from Nancy with wide eyes, "I like him, like a lot. It's not just some stupid crush. It's not the hormones messing with my body, I've developed feelings." I finally have announced what I've kept inside. Nancy raised and eyebrow, "I could have told you that before." I froze in place, "what do you mean?" I questioned.

Nancy sighed trying to formulate the right words, "I can see it in your eyes, you've got this little spark in your eyes whenever his name is brought up or whenever he comes in your vision." "The same way you look with Johnathan." Nancy blushed nodding her head. "Yeah, I guess so..."

I sat on the couch brushing my hands throw my oily hair. "What do I do?" I asked. "You tell him." Nancy said. The fear of rejection came across me. "What if he doesn't like me back?" Nancy scoffed shaking her head, "Please with the amount of shit he's pulled with you I know he likes you. He's just got some sick and twisted ways of showing it."

"How did you and Jonathan realize you both liked each other?" I questioned. Nancy sighed, "I liked him from the start, the amount of butterflies I got when I would see him in the school halls. How kind hearted he is. I just knew instantly that I liked him. At first I was worried because you two were so close I thought he had a thing for you." I grimaced at the thought, "He's more like a brother to me." I defended. Nancy laughed and nodded her head, "And you're more like a sister to him."

"I'm really sorry Nance...if I ever made you both feel a certain type of way. I guess- I guess I was just worried that our friendship would never be the same if you guys dated." Nancy sat down and pulled me in for another hug and we sat there, I closed my eyes nesting my head into her embrace.

"Let's never go with hiding things like this from each other ever, okay?" Nancy stated. "Agreed." I mumbled. I feel like a whole weight has been lifted off my shoulder and I've got my best friend back by my side.