xi. colliding

IN THE NEXT YEAR after being reunited, Louise and Jack were near to inseparable

IN THE NEXT YEAR after being reunited, Louise and Jack were near to inseparable. The two would travel between Newcastle and Scotland every few months so both the Collins and the Davies were not deprived of their children.

The first time that the two travelled to Scotland, Jack could tell Louise was nervous. The brunette recalled the time when Jack told her that her mother never approved of the girls in his area and considering his lives in the largest city of Scotland with hundreds by thousands of pretty woman, the girl had the right to be nervous.

But the minute Jack's mother, Margret, and Louise saw each other, they instantly clicked. His mother nearly cried at the sight of her. After two years of writing to each other, she just knew that she was the one for Jack, and she was more than happy to approve. Jack's father, Wilfred, thought Louise was pretty and funny, absolutely perfect for his eldest son.

Jack had two younger siblings. A brother called Angus and a sister named Chrissie. His brother was easily won over, in fact, Jack was certain that the 14-year-old had a crush on Louise. His sister, on the other hand, was much harder to win over. The 8-year-old was demanding. She constantly wanted Louise to play with her and if Jack told her that he was spending time with her, she would get upset and cry. Louise insisted that they could both play with her, but Chrissie only wanted Louise so she could get to know her. It took time but Chrissie eventually came around on Louise's third visit to Scotland, when the young girl would laugh and crush Louise's legs with a hug. To say Louise was over the moon was an understatement.

Louise adored Jack's family as much as Jack adored hers. Everything was going swimmingly for the couple. But then the young couple decided that it was time for the two worlds collide and neither knew if it was going to go the way they wanted. Louise's family was big and loud and liked talking 24/7, whilst Jack's family was smaller and more reserved and preferred a comfortable silence. Yet, here they were, preparing for the meeting as if the world was about to end.

The couple decided it was easier to bring Jack's family to Newcastle considering there was only four Collins family members and a whole army of Davies.

Louise held tightly on Jack's hand as they stood outside her home's door. She was nervous. If the two families didn't get along, it would break her heart. Her family meant everything to her and Jack's family soon became like a second home to her.

"Nervous, love?" Louise whispered to her partner as the Collins family unloaded their bags from the car and began walking up the drive.

Jack nodded his head immediately. "Yeah. Terrified, actually," he laughed softly. "Ya know, if they don't end up liking each other, that won't stop me from loving ye, right, Louie?" He wrapped his arm around his girlfriend's shoulder once she finally knocked on the door.

Louise blushed. After a year of being together again, all his sweet comments directed to her still made her blush and giggle like a little girl. "I know. I'll always love ya too, Jackie," Jack and Louise had created small nicknames for each other to break up the constant pet names they'd call each other.

After a minute, Pat had flung open the door and embrace the young couple in a bone-crushing embrace. "'Ello, my lovelies! I've missed you both so much," she spoke loudly, resting her head between their shoulders. She pressed a kiss to both their cheeks but pulling away and turning towards Jack's family. "Hello! It's lovely to finally meet you lot!" Pat gently shoved her way between Jack and Louise to properly greet the Scottish family.

Pat, Margret and Wilfred seemed to get along easily as they laughed at a comment Pat made, but Louise could tell the young children felt a bit out of touch. Louise gestured them over to herself and Jack. "Hey, kids. Don't worry, there are some kids your age inside. You want us to introduce yous?"

Angus and Chrissie frantically nodded their head causing Jack to chuckle at their actions. "Hey, Pat," Jack called over to Louise's mother. "We're gonna go inside and show the kids to other ones, yeah?"

"'Course, Jack. We'll be right behind ya!" Pat called, guiding Margret and Wilfred inside after them. The younger Davies children ranged from toddlers to young teens and they all sat in the room next to the one where the adults talk in. 

Louise swung open the door gently, greeting all her younger cousins, nieces and nephews. "Hello, my little loves," Louise gushed as the youngest of the bunch ran up to her and hugged to her legs, trapping in her spot. The older children helped pry the toddlers from Louise's legs and then hugged her in turn and greeting Jack politely. "This is Angus and Chrissie, Jack's brother and sister. Now, I expect all of you to be nice and welcoming, alright?" Louise yelled over the noise in the room. They all agreed and ushered to the two Collins children in the room. Chrissie instantly found comfort in the young girls playing with the big dolls house, whilst Angus fitted in with the older boys who were playing cards.

Louise and Jack smiled at each other, similar thoughts running through both their heads as they watched all the kids interact. "C'mon, love," Jack whispered, placing a hand on her lower back and guided her the neighbouring room where the adults were all sat. The two spied Margret and Wilfred instantly fitting in with Pat, Gerald and the other older adults. Louise and Jack both sighed in relief, happy that both families had seemed to blend together easily.

"Lou! Jack!" They heard the shouts erupt from the younger adult's table. There sat Andrew, Viola, Carey, Matthew, Alex and Tommy, all drinking and smoking with grins spread across their faces as they spotted the couple. "Get your asses over here!" Alex shouted over to them.

Louise ran up to her sisters, hugging them tightly, then her brothers, and then her cousin and his friend, Jack copying her actions in tow. "So...," Carey drawled out drunkenly as she leant on her husband's shoulder. "When are you two gonna get married? It's been what? 7 years?!" She laughed, the others around the table laughing too. Louise and Jack chuckled too, pouring themselves two glasses of whiskey.

They both wanted to get married. It had been 7 years since their first kiss, but only 1 year since they became an official item. Louise wasn't usually one to rush things, but after thinking that Jack was dead for 2 agonising years, she really wanted Jack to propose already. "Oh, shove off, Caz," Louise chuckled, clutching to Jack's hand that was planted in her thigh.

Viola laughed softly, sipping on her wine. "Anyway, Jack. Your parents seem lovely. They fit right in," she chuckled, nodding over towards the loud adults, all laughing at something Wilfred had said.

Jack grinned down at Louise at the sight. "Yeah, they do, don't they?"

The blond man gently squeezed Louise's thigh twice before knocking back his drink happily. Louise was in a state of pure bliss. Surely nothing could top this emotion. Two very different families coming together thanks to the powerful love of two young people. A perfect collision.