Awakening Arc: Final Chapter

I don't own anything, just the OCs that may appear.

"Turn me into your shikigami, Natsume." These are the words which comes out from Akira.

Natsume widden her eyes when she heard that request. "...O... Of course... you remember the ritual for this-"

"Well... as a matter of fact, no, I don't." Akira simply answers without any hesitation. "Listen, you're the one who goes to the Onmyou Academy in Tokyo, I would be lying if I said that I know of it."

"In other words, you are telling me those words without knowing their meaning." Natsume says in which makes Akira frown.

"That's not th-"

"You forgot... and thought nothing of it... So why now!?"

"I DON'T CARE!!!!" Natsume stopped her ranting when she heard Akira's shout.

She looked at Akira, who had the look of pure determination. "I don't care... about the rituals, about the traditions... Nor I do not even care if you're Yakou's reincarnation."

Natsume could not say anything back. She could only stare at the boy.

"I don't have neither talent nor the 'spiritual sight'..." Akira says while clenching his fists. "I wanted to run away... to not take the responsability that I do not care about... That's what I always thought. But there was someone, who believed in a irresponsible loser like me."

Akira then pulls out the paper which used to be Hokuto. "That someone may have been an shikigami... but she wanted me to understand... even with her dying breath. I'm going to do this... Not because of the responsability towards the Tsuchimikado, but because I don't want to lose anyone or anything that is close to me."

Akira then looks at Natsume in the eyes, his eyes reflected his vigor and bravery. "I won't run away anymore. I shall become your shikigami if that means that I'll have the strength to protect you!"

Natsume looked at Akira for a moment before looking down. "...kakira"

"Eh?" Akira heard that Natsume muttered something but he didn't heard her well.

"Is this fine with you? From this day foward, you will live as my shikigami and live for my sake." Natsume asks to confirm to resolve of Akira.

"If it gives me the power to kick the ass of that little shit, then I don't mind." Akira says and then continues. "Like I said. I won't run away anymore. I won't lie to myself any longer."

Natsume merely giggled and said "Of course not. A child who lies will be punished."

Akira then saw how Natsume took out an small dagger from under her robes. "Akira-kun. I take you as my shikigami." Natsume then used the dagger to cut slightly her lower lip. "Close your eyes."

Akira got nervous, but he did what Natsume instructed him to do.

"In the name of our spiritual ancestor, Abe no Seimei," Natsume says while she got closer to Akira's face. "I, Tsuchimikado Natsume, take you, Tsuchimikado Akira, as my shikigami."

Akira blushed an sligthly as he felt Natsume's breath close to his face and had to admit... that she smelled good.

Natsume, using the blood from her cut, used her tongue to draw the Seiman, the Tsuchimikado's emblem, in the lower part of his left eye.

She then finally finished and Akira opened his eyes when he didn't felt Natsume's face close to him.

"With this, you are mine. Now, Akira-kun, can you see them?" Natsume asks to confirm if it worked.