I looked around, making sure that it was clear to run and then made my way to the grand gate. I slung the backpack I had taken over both of my back so that there was an equal balance of weight distributed across my shoulders and then raised my foot. The gaps in the fence were spread apart from each other so I had to force my entire body to stretch as I climbed up and up.

I thanked my mother for sending me to a camp for whole summers four years in a row. I knew now she only ever did it because she was bored of me and wanted to get rid of me for the entirety of the holiday but at least I had learnt to rock climb. Those summers were the best ones of my life. I made friends, had my first kiss and shared the funniest, strangest and scariest moments of my life. I loved and missed every moment and was heartbroken when my mom forced me to get a summer job the next year instead of returning to all of my friends and fun activities.

Once I was at the top of the gate, I accessed how high up I was. I could jump. It would be a rough landing but climbing down would be harder and take more time than going up because I couldn't see my own feet. So I leapt out before I had the chance to change my mind.

I was certainly right about the landing. I let out a groan as my whole body thumped down onto the floor. I let out a whimper as I laid on the hard, solid ground that my small body just threw itself onto. I went to sit up but let out a hiss and instantly fell back down, the cause of the sudden outburst - my ribs. They were killing me and I had clearly damaged them during my landing. I didn't have time for this, I thought to myself. Hastily, I pulled my body up and began to walk, ignoring the pain. Soon that walk turned into a jog, then a run and before I knew it, a full on sprint as I began my search for safety.

I had slowly bought my run back down to a slow trudge and soon decided it was time for a rest. It was now pitch black outside and I glanced down to my watch to see it was 2:43. Well I said it was my watch but in actual fact, I'd spotted it in the bathroom and assumed it was Antonio's that stole it. I'd been on the run for over two hours. Hopefully that amount of time was enough to have put some distance between me, that is if Antonio had even given the orders to find me yet. Although I had no clue why I meant so much to him, I did not doubt that he was probably trying to get me back already. The guards most likely alerted their boss the moment that they found the unconscious man in my room and realized that I had fled. They had cars, I was on foot and still yet to find a road so once they were onto me it was a race to get back to safety as quickly as possible.

Antonio's home was in the middle of nowhere, only surrounded by woods. However, all woods must come to an end at some point so now it was just a case of getting through the depths of trees before I ran out of food and then starved. I prayed that it wouldn't have to get to such that state before I managed to hitch hike a ride to the local air port (wherever the fuck that was).

Although, I knew I wouldn't have enough courage to catch the attention of a random driver this early in the morning, only psychopaths would be out and I didn't escape the hands of one mad man to be thrust straight into another's. I would most likely wait until I felt safe to hop into a less threatening stranger's car.

I stayed there, with my back propped up against the tree that I leant on for a while. I needed to regain my strength but couldn't let myself fall asleep because I knew that I would never be able to wake myself up. I couldn't afford to waste any more time. When it got to 3:30 am, I made a promise to myself to start my trek once more and wouldn't rest for another second until I reached a road.

My ribs still ached from where I had landed. I lifted my shirt up to reveal a huge purple bruise that covered a large part of my side. I needed to go see a doctor as soon as I was safe back at home. Shit my bucket list of things to do when I got back was growing and growing into a giant list of chores.

Suddenly I could see a faint light through the sea of trees that blocked my vision. Biting through the pain in my ribs I persisted until I crossed the threshold of where the woods ended and soon came out of the woods into a small field. Then I realized where the light was coming from. Only a few steps away was a road. Finally! It was lit by several street lamps that blurred in the darkness and suddenly I was filled with joy at my accomplishment, but my ordeal was not over yet. I was still not free of Antonio and pushed myself through the exhaustion I felt to the road side before slumping down on the curb.

I smiled to myself, the fact that I was one step closer to being home again at long last had sunk in. And that was the only thought that crossed my mind before I took a well earned nap, right there at the side of the road.

Hi guys!! Again I apologize that the last few chapters have been slightly shorter however I would rather write 2 shorter chapters than 1 long because it feels better suited to the story. As always, please vote if you enjoyed!

Thank you - theatramentouswriter

WORD COUNT - 1833