Chapter one

As I walked out of the hospital's automatic doors my phone pinged. A random number flashed on the  screen.  I put it in my purse as I get into the car.

I'll check it when I get home.

I start the car  and pull out the parking lot. I just finished my ultra sound appointment

When I arrive at my apartment I gather up all my papers from doctor and head out of the car.

I wave at the front desk people and head onto the elevator and quickly into my studio apartment.

As soon as walk in I head to the couch and lay out the papers before me onto the coffee table. Sighing I try to figure out what I can do to stay afloat. Rubbing my stomach I look all the options for delivery plans and upcoming doctors appointments.

Why the heck does it cost so much to have a baby? I'll have to pick up shifts at the restaurant.

I get out my phone and streach out on the couch, checking out the random text because I dont want it in my notifications anymore.

'Hi, is this  katara?'

                                       'Yes, this is she.'

'Hey this is sawyer, y'know from college.'

My eyes widen as I recognize who is texting me. I haven't talked to him in almost two years! Sawyer is one of my best friends from college we met on my first year and his second year, and from there I met martin, Bj, and Douglass. We all were practically inseparable or so I thought I guess.

                          'Hey, wow, hows it going!'

'Great, a lot has happened since last time we saw you.'

      I look down at my stomach

                                       'I can say the same.'

                                  'So what brings you to
                                   text me after all this
                                    time?'

The reply circles went on for a while then stopped and started again.

'We'll uh, I don't know I had gotten a new phone a couple of times and found your number in my old sim card and decided it's been to long.'

                         'Ok, how have you all been?
              Before y'all left I think you, martin,
            Douglass and Bj made a band, how
           has that been?'

'Fantastic, we got our big break. Which reminds me, I wanted to tell you that we are moving back!'

                               'Wow that's awesome
                           you got your big break, I'll
                             have to look you guys up
                           sometime ;)  And moving  
                            back, that's even better!

We talk about everything for nearly an  hour just recapping what has happened over the 2 years since we've seen each other and getting off topic.

'Ha yeah, that's pretty much all that's going on with us, how about you?'

                          'Nothing much, though I do
                    have a big jaw dropper up my     
                    sleeve for you'   

'Oh really?'        

                                   'Yup. Are the boys
                                            around?'

'Yeah, let me get them. Okay ready.'

     This is it, moment of truth. Honestly its quite fun to surprise friends that I'm pregnant. I put on my tee shirt that says your kicking me smalls, and get a tub of ice cream, stick two pickles in it and Wright eating for two, then I snap the picture.

                    'Ok one second, I'll send you a
                     picture.'

                 (Picture sent)

'What'

'Ooooh no way'

'You're kidding, no you're kidding'

                                               'It's kinda hard
                                          to be kidding
                                          when I took 10                                              tests about 6 months
                                       ago'

'No way, answer my ft call'

I press the answer button and immediately I hear yelling.

"You're pregnant!" 

Oh boy.