Chapter 2

Sabrina Claudio- Unravel Me

•••

Orianna's POV

My body is beyond tired when I get home. Every muscle in my body is begging me to crawl into bed, but the mess that I find in the living room prevents me from doing so.

I drop my bag on the couch and start clearing the table of the dirty and used dishes that are on it. I take them to the sink and wash them all before heading back with a rag to give the table a quick wipe.

I sweep and fix the throw blankets that are meant to be on the couch and the cushions that seemed to be everywhere, besides the couch.

After seeing that everything is clean and that nothing is out of order. I make sure to lock the door and pick my bag up before heading to the bedroom.

This apartment is a one-bedroom. The cheapest thing I could find for us, and it can be considered the best if you count the fact that we're in New York and that everything is expensive here.

Zo and Brandon have a bunk bed while my single is opposite their bunk.

I place my bag in the closet and grab a shirt and some shorts before walking half asleep to get a nice warm shower.

By the time I'm out of the shower, it's already 5:36 a.m.

I check on Brandon and fix his blanket before planting a kiss on his forehead and doing the same to Zoe.

I get into bed, too tired to think or worry about anything. Just overwhelmed by sleep and I doze off before saying a short prayer.

°°°

I scrunch up my face when I hear the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song playing on full blast.

What is wrong with these kids?!

I place my pillow over my head to try to block out the song but it doesn't work.

I close my eyes and try to focus on my sleep.

... UngeBob Sweatpants!"

Comes Zoe's voice.

I grunt and get off the bed. I look around for my phone but I don't find it, then I remember that I didn't take it out of my bag.

I get it from my bag and check that it's only 7:24. These kids will one day be the death of me. I slept at 5 for crying out loud.

I storm out of the room to give them a mouthful on keeping it down in the mornings, but before I can get anything out, I scream at the scene before me.

Zoe is on the floor, with a tub of butter in between her legs, with Brandon nowhere in sight.

I painfully watch as the three-year-old dips her hand in the butter before scooping out a huge amount and dumping it on her hair. She applied it carefully by moving her short hand in a circular motion, getting as much hair as she can reach.

It feels like a horror movie.

Zoe looks up at me with a smile. "Yana see. I put like you." She says to me before

What does she mean she's putting like I do? I don't put butter on my ha- oh wait.

This child sees me putting shea butter on my hair and she thinks it's this butter.

"Brandon!" I scream out when Zoe continues applying and giggling at something SpongeBob said.

"Yes!" I hear his muffled voice coming from the bathroom.