Chapter 55

You sat at your desk and did whatever work was asked of you. Today was one of your slow days. You let out a yawn as you leaned back in your chair and stretched. You hadn't been getting great sleep the past couple of nights. Nightmares and flashbacks had not been kind to you, though it was most likely that you just needed to get used to the new house.

Because of these, work had been harder for you. Connor was fully aware of this and had been paying attention to make sure you were doing okay throughout the day.

You glanced over towards Connor who was also cursed with paperwork. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose before he looked up to meet your eyes. A smile crept onto both of your faces as you just looked at each other. You laughed to yourself before redirecting your attention to a small stack of finished papers.

You made your way to captain Fowler's office, the once normal glass had been replaced with one way mirrors. He could over see the whole DPD, but from the outside it was just a big reflective cube.

As you were about to knock on the door, it opened...

3rd person POV

The android's ability to function seemed to stop as she looked at the last person she'd ever want to see. The papers slid from her hands and flew everywhere, but that was not at all her worry. "Well....shit." Gavin cursed as he stood in the door way. She didn't do anything, (Y/n) was like a deer in headlights. Struggling to form any sort of words as she backed up only to hit the railing behind her, making her feel like she was trapped. "Hey, listen-" Gavin began to speak. "Please don't kill me." Her voice held fear he'd never had expected, a low weak, trembling plea.

The rest of the building was unaware of anything, what was happening was not something that would draw an onlooker's attention, from the outside, it looked like a normal discussion. "I'd have to be a fucking idiot to try that shit here." Gavin responded, there wasn't a distinct emotion behind it. (Y/n) slid to the floor as if it would protect her from something and put her arms over head "please...I don't want to die..." She cried. Finally some heads started to turn. "(Y/n), get in here." Fowler had ordered, Gavin wasn't in the way of the doorway so she shakily stood to her feet and walked into the office. Fowler obviously wanted this issue away from the eyes of others. (Y/n) had put herself as far away from Gavin, who clearly wasn't thrilled about this. "(Y/n), calm down and pull yourself together. No ones here to kill you..." Fowler gave you another order, it was clear that he lacked the compassion needed. "Jeez, she's this much of a fuckin' mess and she's still workin' here?" Gavin asked as you continued to wheeze for air. "She's still an outstanding detective, it's just this situation." Fowler explained dryly. "Please stop." You requested as you slowed down and was able to catch yourself. "Ah, so you're done with your breakdown. Great." Gavin said with a snide grin. "Reed." Was all Fowler said. "What? I don't work here anymore. It's her fault." He rolled his eyes as you wiped your eyes.

Your instinct to run didn't fade in the slightest, and you were sure as hell not getting any closer to him. "I-" "You really know how to fuck things up, you broke my fucking knee in five places and ripped the bursae."

"That shit'll never heal properly! It's cause of you that I can't work here anymore and why I have a damn limp." With that, he had let out his anger. You trembled like a leaf, this was too much as you stood in the corner. "I.... I won't... You won't get an apology from me." You whispered, the two others could hear it though."

"Captain Fowler... I'll clean up the papers. I request that I take my leave early." You asked meekly as you refused to move from the corner. "....yeah, get going." With that you made your way out of the office as quick as possible. You hung your head low so no one would see your tear stained face, they could probably already see how bad you were shaking.

Hank and Connor were standing at the bottom of the stairs that led to the office with all the papers you had promised to pick up. "Hey...kid." "Thank you for picking the mess up." You said quickly as you grabbed it from Hank's hands. "(Y/n)-" Connor called out as you put the stack of papers on your desk and wiped your face once more. "I'm leaving early today, I'll see you at home." You just wanted to get away from everyone's gaze. "What happened?"

"Connor, please just let me go home." You pleaded, your voice broke. ".... Do you need me to take you home?" He asked. "No, I can go home alone." You said as you struggled to keep yourself together. Connor gave you a tight hug "get home safely... I'll see you soon." He let you go and you quickly exited the DPD and walked briskly home. You were still in uniform so if you were to run it would defiantly worry people.

You looked nowhere else but at the ground until you stood at the door, putting the key in the lock. As soon as you stepped into the house and closed the door, you slumped to the floor and cried.

You were put back into a flashback as you heard the phantoms of gunshots grow louder. "Please." You cried. The gunshots just got louder as you slammed yourself against the door. "Please." Everything  just kept getting louder. "Stop! It's not real!" You yelled over the deafening sounds of guns going off left and right. "Stop!" You shrieked, you were willing to do anything to stop this.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Connor quickly put away his things just trying to get home to (Y/n). "Hey, Connor, I can give you a ride home." Hank offered, he was also worried about you. "I'll be waiting in the car." Hank said as he walked off leaving Connor to finish whatever he needed to do.

Before walking out the door he was stopped by a familiar face "hey, since when was (Y/n) such a cry baby?" Gavin snickered as he walked over, he had a limp. Things finally made sense, Connor closed his eyes, telling himself to keep his cool. "Since she died." He spat. "Damn, tough little shit doesn't die." Gavin chuckled to himself. "She is tough... She's gone through so much shit and still finds herself a better person than you'll ever be. Sincerely, fuck you Gavin Reed." Connor spoke in an even tone. His venom surprising even him. Connor slammed the door behind him and got into the car.

"What happened? You look pissed." Hank pointed out. Anger was not something that anyone would expect from Connor. "Gavin." One word pact with so much hatred and Hank understood.

Connor opened the unlocked door to find you curled up in a ball on the floor of a dark room. You had passed out, you were okay. Connor picked you up like how you pick up a toddler and carried you upstairs to your bed. He noticed how tears stained your face as he placed you down and sat on the bed next to you as he brushed locks of hair from your face. "Poor kid..." Hank mumbled from the doorway. "She seems to have really worn herself out. I don't think she'll be waking up anytime soon."

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was late into the night, you were still fast asleep and Connor resided in the bathroom. Cleaning the blue that covered the sink.

Yeah, this wasn't a happy chapter. Have fun💙