Chapter 37

"What was that?" Connor asked. "Shaking of the boat... I think." You responded sarcastically. Connor didn't respond to your comment. Before anything else, Markus' voice rang in everyone's ears.

Get out of the ship.
We've been found.

You closed your eyes as you started to hear shouts of panic arise from the hall way. You let out a long sigh before walking towards the door. You reached for the rusted doorknob of the room. You were shaking. "(Y/n)" Connor called out. "We have to go." You said, it was more of a order to yourself than anything. Connor walked out in front of you and you followed behind. You didn't have clear instructions exactly but oh well, just get out.

People ran through the halls screaming... It was too loud. It hurt your ears. There was an ear piercing loud boom that rang over the entire ship. While it drove everyone faster, all you could do was fall to your knees with your arms covering your head. Shaking beyond your control, your heart beating out of your chest in an instant. The shots kept coming and you couldn't block it out, you didn't want to be shot, you were going to die, you were right back at the DPD desperately trying to escape. Why is this hell repeating? What force hated you so much that it decided to put you here for a second time within only hours. The horrible memories that came with the pull of triggers only made you more aware of all the open wounds that littered your body.

The raw skin that used to be protected by nails. Why was this happening? You were grabbed by the arm and pulled out of the hell that remained within your head. "I know you're scared. But you have to be strong for just a little longer." Connor pleaded with you, still holding tightly to your arm.

You nodded your head as you got to your feet, finding the slightest bit of courage. Your whole body was trembling still but you were running. You saw North up ahead and shouted out to her. "Where's Markus?" You asked worriedly. "He's going to blow up the ship." North informed. "He what?" You couldn't believe that.

"Never mind that, we just have to get out of here." Death tried to get everyone out. "No, Markus is escaping with us." North protested. The group agreed with her. As they spoke briefly a bullet flew by your head and skimmed across Death's cheek.

You had to run into people at some point huh? It scared the crap out of you as everyone crouched low instinctively. "Are you okay?" You asked the blonde who now held her shoulder. "Yeah, I'm fine. We really need to leave." She said once more. Connor had picked up a piece of sheet metal to block the bullets. He... Charged at them. He took them out one by one as if they were nothing. You couldn't understand it in the moment, you were sitting here trembling like a baby as everyone else was fighting.

"Come on... Pull yourself together." You told yourself before following after Connor. One of the swat guys tried shooting at you but you slid down and grabbed a gun that was abandoned as its owner now lay dead on the ground. You aimed and shot, the sound scared you but you couldn't hesitate or stop. More people from the swat team just kept turning the corner... You hated this. You just kept aiming and shooting until the gun was empty. There weren't many bullets but there weren't many people rounding the corner either.

You saw a smaller hand gun on a bodies holster and grabbed it just in case. You turned to join the rest of the androids when a familiar voice shouted for you "(Y/N)!" Markus had shown up and screamed from behind. You looked back and turned in time to see the barrel of a gun. You panicked and just tried to swat the gun away in time. The bullet hit the wall and you pulled the trigger on your gun. The guy fell, obviously dead but that wasn't enough. You stuck the gun in his mouth and just kept firing. "Stop! Just make it stop!" You cried. How many times did you have to play deaths game? Your fear evolved into anger as you continued the gruesome act. Markus pried you of the far gone human as furious tears streamed down your cheeks. "Come on, this place is gonna blow." Markus said as he pushed you out of the ship and followed behind.

One final loud boom and the whole ship erupted into flames like some sort of action movie. You fell fast to the sea, it engulfed you with a cold embrace. It hadn't crossed your mind but with your open wounds, water could easily enter your system.

You swam to shore and prayed that that wouldn't happen. You sat on shore on all fours as you were somewhere between coughing and crying.

The only thing you could see was the DPD. It felt like you were stuck in that hell all over again. Of course you didn't know it at the time, but you had gained some serious PTSD from the event, and you were suffering from it at the moment..... To which this event would add onto your PTSD......so would it be a horrible mental stated sandwich?

Markus was right there next to you and you clung on to him searching for any type of closure. "Hey, come on. It's over, we have to go." Markus tried to get you up but you were just helpless...

He made the decision to carry you because it was easier than convincing you to continue to run. When was this going to be over? Will this nightmare just never end?

You didn't know any answer to any question. All you could do was cry, and that fact only made you cry harder. You hated this feeling of vulnerability and helplessness, you thought you were stronger than this.

Not sure if I ended the chapter on the right note but oh well. Also, sorry if I'm not too great at describing PTSD, I've never experienced it first hand and I'm sorry for anyone who has. And also sorry if this chapter comes of as edgy in any way, lol.