Chapter 50

Damn, 50. Thank you for supporting this book for so long. It means so much, and words can't explain how grateful I am for all of you.💙

You were in a dream, you were at the DPD. It was dark, no lights were on, no, even with no lights it should've been brighter. You didn't like it here alone, you wanted out, even though you pushed on the door, it wouldn't budge. You pulled, same outcome. "Please, no." Your voice trembled, you'd had this dream thousands of times before.

"Please open. not again." You began pleading to anyone or anything that would answer... But nothing. Your body hurt, you continued to try and open the door. Loud bangs rang out into the room. One gun shot after another, all you could do was curl up and cover your ears as you pleaded to get out. While you sat there someone stepped towards you, pressed a gun to your head, and pulled the trigger.

Your eyes shot open with an audible gasp. "Just a dream. Just a dream. Just a dream. Just a dream. Just a dream. Just a dream." You whispered to yourself as you wiped away tears. No words were spoken, but Connor wrapped his arm around you and held you close, you felt safe. You clung to him as you calmed down, it took a long time to fall back asleep, but at some point you did.

-----------------------------------

Connor's POV

Morning came around and I awoke to a fast asleep (Y/N). As carefully as I could, I slid out of bed not wanting to wake her. I'm usually the first up, followed by Hank, then (Y/N), though I doubt Hank would be getting up at his normal time today. So I had about an hour to myself. Luckily, Hank had enough common sense to pressure us into drinking on a Friday night instead of having to go back to work the next day, instead of what a human would usually experience, androids apparently had hangovers a little different. It felt like my body wasn't mobility wise up to speed, headaches were the same. There was also a pleasant pop up in my vision "unknown substance contamination" ...great. God, I felt nauseous.

I found a pair of jeans and a t-shirt I'd bought awhile ago and threw them on. They were much more comfortable than a uniform minus any equipment, why didn't I change yesterday?

I sighed and walked over to (Y/N), who was still sleeping very heavily, and gave her a kiss on the forehead before making my way to the kitchen, Sumo was already waiting by his bowl. It had become my job to feed him since I was the the first one to see him every morning. "Good Morning." I greeted. He responded with a happy huff as I picked up his metal bowl. He watched me prepare his food as his tail wagged so fast that is fluffy butt swung with it. With a chuckle I put the bowl down and the giant dog no longer had anything to do with me until further notice. I took a glance out the window, everything was still quiet, I know (Y/N) had brought up Blue time to time, back when everything happened, the little bird had decided he wanted to be a free bird, he said he'd come and go as he pleased, though he hadn't said hello just yet.

Empty glass bottles were left on the table from last night so I decided to pick them up and put them in the recycling bin. While doing so, I remembered what the previous night's drunk (Y/N) had said. "I.B.M." No clue why she said it, but I was confused, so there it clung to my thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------

Your POV

You stirred awake with a yawn, and rolled over on your back to see Connor was gone. You sighed and stared at the ceiling fan and followed a singular blade as it spun around and around on its endless journey to keep the room cool. As you got more adjusted to being awake, you could feel a headache set in. You groaned and rolled off the bed, and proceeded to lay on the floor trying to convince yourself to get up. Eventually, you did. You changed your clothes to something more comfortable and shambled out to the living room.