Chapter 25

You both made it to the park and it was really silent. "Wow, it is dead silent tonight. What happened to the cicadas?" I asked. "It's winter...they're not out." Connor informed. "Oh, right. That totally slipped my mind." You laughed. He gave you a strange look "are your processors working correctly?" He asked. "Oh, yeah. No problem." You brushed it off. He let out a huff and everything fell silent once more.

Out of no where there was angry screaming. You whipped your head around to see a woman yelling at a man that also looked quite upset. "You son of a bitch! I trusted you! I put all my faith into you and I find out you're sneaking out at night to fuck some androids!?" She screamed and jabbed her pointer finger into his chest. "That's fucking rich coming from you! You're going to sit here and yell at me for fucking something that's not alive, yet you're sitting out here making some quick money on the streets!" He spat back at the girl. Conner pulled on your hand gently as a sign to stay out of it. They continued to scream and it looked like they would go at it any second.

Go with Connor

[break up the fight]

You ran over to them and stood between them with your arms out stretched. "Hey, hey. Everyone take a breather." You tried to defuse the situation. The girl glared at you. "Get the fuck out of my way, you useless tin can." She growled. You ignored the insult and continued to try and calm them down. "Listen, there's no need for this to get any uglier. Maybe you can have a civil talk about this instead of going at each other's throats." You suggested "...the androids right." The man sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm not listening to a piece of garbage!" The pissed woman spat at the man, trying to push her way through your arm. "Please, consider talking it out. The cops will be involved if this-" before you could finish speaking she rammed her fist into your gut sending you the floor and spitting up artificial bile. The ash fault road had scrapped your cheek that was starting to bleed.

"Be a good android and obey orders. Now stay the fuck out of this!" She screamed before turning to the guy that obviously didn't want this fight to become physical either. You got up and caught her wrist before she could hit the man. "I tried to be nice. But that won't work. I work for the DPD, so if you land one hit, I have no choice but to arrest you for assault. Hell, I could arrest you here right now for public disturbance, disorderly conduct, damage of government property considering you left a nice mark on me, and attempted battery. I suggest you stop if you want to stay out of jail." You threatened, you had lost all patience, and for some reason, you felt extra angry than you usually would have been.

She continued to glare at you but didn't make any further attempts at attacking the man. Connor didn't know what to do, he wasn't supposed to intervene. This wasn't the type of stuff he was designed for. Neither were you, but there you were, resolving this issue. He was impressed, but also afraid, upset at your actions. "Thank you for your cooperation, have a good rest of the night." You said giving a little two fingered salute.

" You said giving a little two fingered salute