Chapter 8

It was almost an hour.

"Hello!" I heard Vance's voice.

"Umm Hi! You work here?" I asked him.

"I don't consider it as a work. It is more like helping these children." he said.

"Sorry! My bad!" I said.

"It's fine. Are you sure that you are not stalking me?" he asked with a mischievous smile.

My eye balls literally popped off my sockets.

Did he just ask that?

"A very nice misunderstanding!" I said smiling sarcastically at him.

"So what brought you here?" he asked me.

"Definitely not you. I am Kelly's friend." I said.

"Oh that is good!" he said.

We kept speaking for more than ten minutes. He was talking about how his class went and how he met Kelly.

They all were volunteering for these kids.

It brought joy in my heart to see a man like him.

Rich people would just make donations. There are a very few of them who volunteer like him.

"You look prettier every time I see you!" he said.

What? Did he just call me pretty?

"Thanks. I did not expect it from you though." I said smiling.

"Why so?" he asked me.

"Well you will be surrounded with so many hot girls if I am not wrong." I said looking down at my fingers.

"So what?" That does not take away anything from you. You are pretty and it's a fact!" he said.

I really need to boost my confidence in this department.

"I don't know what to say any more." I said honestly.

'Its okay." he said and gave me a heartwarming smile.

Soon, Kelly joined us and we had tea together,

It was an amazing evening.

Next day, I decided to wear a black colour blazer and pants and tie a high pony.

After twenty minutes, I reached to the office compound where the tender was about to happen. We had been working very hard in filing the quotations for this contract. It was regarding the construction of buildings for a new company which was going to take up a division in US taxation. It was a prestigious government project. "Good Morning Ana." Nick said.

He looked so classy!

"Good Morning!" I said.

"There is too much of competition.' he said.

"Don't worry Nick. I am sure that the market analysts did a really good job in forecasting and their collaboration with finance team helped them quote the perfect pricing. However, let's see." I said.

"Whom are you kidding? I am not worried. I am sure you guys have done a good job!" he said enthusiastically.

We both headed to the conference room where several business men of the construction companies were seated. I was nervous that I would see Vance again.

But he was not there.

Instead of him, a guy with dark brown colored hair was sitting.

He looked at me for a while longer than required as if he was trying to assess me.

Do I know him? Or did Vance tell anything about me to him?

Duh! Why would he do that?

Dear High Fliers!!

Please make me feel happy by clicking the star at the end of this chapter.

Make my day by COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all <3 XOXO