CHAPTER 39

________________
J e n n i e K i m

"I said don't go near her!!" The man shouted and tightened his hold on my torso, still i didn't gave him attention and just kept on removing his arm around me.

I was chasing my breath.

I saw dad ran closer and helped the man prevent me from running to lisa.

Lisa isn't moving her body but i can clearly see her chasing her breath. I know how swollen my eyes are already but it just won't stop, the tears still keeps on flowing.

I can't stand seeing her this way, if i could only change the scenario...

"Jennie listen, i've already called the ambulance and the cops. Hey, hey stop it!" He said as i am still urging to go.

"Ethan." Dad said to the man who's currently holding my wrist. I just realized that we're both sitting on the floor. "Take care of her, make her leave this place. I gotta make them all enter the hall again."

"Yes sir, i got her."

"No." I said and saw lisa still lying on the floor. "Get off me!!!" I shouted as i felt him carried me, i tried to resist from him but i feel so weak.

The man who's named ethan carried me on his back so i couldn't faught back.

I kept on hitting his back but he ain't responding. I can clearly see people running back to the hall, panicking.

Lisa...

Please fight for yourself, i can't lose you...

I said to myself until i gave up hitting ethan's back, surrending, i couldn't do anything except from just looking from far away.

I'm that worthless...

You showed me my worth but i can't show you that.

__________________
K w o n J i y o n g

"The girl was shot in the heart and on it's right leg with a high powered gun. It pierced her lung and was lodged in the heart. Surgery is obviously needed as the bullet is too deep. Also, she have lost too much blood because of the flesh wound and because of hitting it's heart which may affect it's blood pumping. She needs to have a blood transfusion." The doctor said after getting out of the ER.

"How is she now?" I asked again.

"Her vital sign's unstable for now." He tapped my shoulder. "This is a very delicate operation but i can assure you that we will try our very best to save her life."
He said sincerely in my eyes.

Dara held my arm. "I'm worried, i hope lisa will be okay soon."

I gave her a smile. "She will."

"Excuse me for now sir, we shall start the operation right away." He bowed to me and tapped my shoulder for the last time before leaving us.

We stayed to the bench and sat there. "Don't stress out yourself, it is not healthy for you. I'll call anthony right after they finished managing the visitors and he'll accompany you to the condo. Hear that?"

"How about you?" She caressed my cheek.

"I have to stay here."

I am actually nervous, lisa got shot twice for pete's sake. If i am worried, how about my sister, i know she's a mess right now.

After 30 minutes, anthony came with dad. Anthony looked really worried, he's the closest friend lisa have and i know how also messed up he is right now.